The Official Beat the Keaney Blue Rams in Rhode Island Thread

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
Martin is a terrible matchup. Dowtin is more physical than any of our guards/wings. Fatts is tough. Rushed shots are a product of them getting at us physically, that’s what happens, we never get comfortable.

Let’s see. RI doesn’t shoot that well. They are bigger and more physical. They penetrate well against us. There is a secret weapon that highly successful college coaches use it these circumstances. They call it a Z-O-N-E defense.
I call the successful strategy going two large and letting Bones, Crow and DJ rain down the pain. Two large will allow us to hedge on Dowtin and to clear out the lane for the rest of our guys to get to the rack. Let's do this guys!

I really see no reason why we would want to go zone against guys like Fatts and Dowtin. They could bring some serious pain from the wings.

Nov 26, 2017
Have I mentioned on this thread before what a jacka$$ David Cox is? Just making sure it's out there. ;) 8-)
He is actually a pretty good guy but very passionate about basketball. Sometimes he does go over board by yelling at his players but what it all boils down to is he wants to win.

Reactions: ATPTourFan
Nov 26, 2017
hey after some of the lineups we saw last game that we had never seen before, wouldn’t be surprised if the staff has some “easter eggs” in store for URI.

Maybe some different defensive looks, biggest concern with going zone is we already have a bit of a problem giving up ORs and that can be one of the downsides.
I think VCU at least needs to play some zone just to mix things up. We don't match up well with them so I certainly hope MR is a little flexible on the defensive side of the ball or it could be another a long night. Don't let RI keep beating us with the same game plan. I would hope at least one of the VCU coaches is aware that we don't match up and can encourage a change. We need this game badly!!!!!

Reactions: Celticguy

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
This game is ours. We're going to go 2 big, take Dowtin out of the game and let Fatts get what he can get. I don't think he can get the 30 he'll need.. Fatts is not the guy you gotta stop. Dowtin is the guy you gotta take out of the deal. Let me introduce you to the Viking horde!

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2012
He is actually a pretty good guy but very passionate about basketball. Sometimes he does go over board by yelling at his players but what it all boils down to is he wants to win.
He’s talked trash toward our team/program in ways that no coach ever should. He seems like a pretty garbage person from what I’ve seen.

RAM7889

Top Member
Insider
Apr 20, 2009
Is City Beach the spot for the game?
It is a great place to see a game. I was there for the Charleston game! great environment! I cannot be there Friday because I have to pick my wife up at the airport in the middle of the game! Go RAMS!

Gopher+RamFan

Top Member
Dec 9, 2010
He’s talked trash toward our team/program in ways that no coach ever should. He seems like a pretty garbage person from what I’ve seen.
I tried searching this board for the reference, but who reported that he called our players Ps? Just trying to get a better grasp on it.

Reactions: ATPTourFan