The Official Beat the Keaney Blue Rams in Rhode Island Thread

VRam

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
Anyone else just really excited for the next 2 years? I really hope this is the season no one transfers out
I can't remember the last time I was so impressed with our freshmen as a whole. Talent and skill in all of them. We've had a collection of athletic players in the past, but not with the collective shooting abilities and offensive skills.

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
we cant win this league this year with one big and Mike knows it. ME has lost his speed from those two injuries for sure..Too late to turn it over to t6he kids and have them ready for the tourney. If we make it we're gone the first weekend. BTW, URI is much better than us, a no brainer.
Since the start of last season, including the A-10 Tournament, VCU is 1-4 against Rhody and 21-2 against everyone else in conference. Normally, I love to play against a team that has beaten us; love to get another shot at them. As far as I am concerned, I would just as soon not see Rhody again until January 2021 at the earliest.

RESRam

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
Excellent point. I really wonder if he's hurt, given his past injury history. I really like him and feel bad for him. Maybe he can find a way to turn it on entering February and the stretch run.
I believe he’s referenced some off court things that have had an impact on his performance, but I haven’t heard/read what that distraction might be.

VRam

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
Depressing fact, if we lose our next game we could go from tied for 3rd place to tied for 7th.
It's possible, but do you think all the teams behind us are going to win their next couple of games? And I wouldn't bet on Davidson beating us in Richmond after what happened tonight. Anything's possible, but don't put any money on it.

CasualObserver

Top Member
Nov 6, 2016
Anyone else just really excited for the next 2 years? I really hope this is the season no one transfers out
It's going to be hard to replace 5 seniors. The young kids have talent, but life is going to get tougher on them when the defense starts keying on them. They are talented enough to overcome, but it's going to be an adjustment.

VRam

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
Since the start of last season, including the A-10 Tournament, VCU is 1-4 against Rhody and 21-2 against everyone else in conference. Normally, I love to play against a team that has beaten us; love to get another shot at them. As far as I am concerned, I would just as soon not see Rhody again until January 2021 at the earliest.
Kick them out of the conference. Them and Fordham.

VRam

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
It's going to be hard to replace 5 seniors. The young kids have talent, but life is going to get tougher on them when the defense starts keying on them. They are talented enough to overcome, but it's going to be an adjustment.
That's where playing 12 or 13 guys a game comes in handy. We'll have 8 guys who are battle tested. Of course some more than others, but they've all gotten a taste of the battle. We'll be fine.

VRam

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
In 1985 when entered into the NCAA tournament a #2 seed and got bounced in the 2nd round. Wake me up when we enter that territory when it comes to disappointments.
And we lost our coach who got us to being a #2 seed.