- Dec 21, 2010
Not only did the sun come up, it’s F’ing beautiful outside today in RVA.A few points in the midst of the hyperbole I see in this thread:
1. The reality is this: we got beat by a good team with excellent guards.
2. If MSS and a couple other guys don’t miss some easy shots (layups) early, then it could have been a different outcome.
3. Our defense was good, not great yesterday.
4. Our offense was actually good in that we got a lot of open looks and easy shot opportunities, but we just couldn’t get the ball to go.
5. It was a good learning experience for Bones and Curry, as now they understand what big time A-10 basketball really is; Mason and Fordham aren’t Rhode Island.
6. We still struggle too often when we have an odd-man rush (hockey term). We had a 3-on-1 break in the first half yesterday, with the only defender being Fatts, who is generously listed at 5’10”. We turned the ball over. . That should never happen.
7. This was not a game for Clark, McCallister or Ward to play in. None of them are ready for this type of game yet.
8. Something has seemed just a bit off about our team this year. Can’t put my finger on it, but that’s the way it’s felt for me all season. Something is just off.
9. Still a long way to go, with 15 regular season games left. However, we need to win some of these games against the upper echelon of the league. Can not afford many more losses.
10. The sun still came out this morning in spite of our loss. We‘ll be fine. Peace all.