The Official Beat the Keaney Blue Rams of Rhode Island In The Animal Thread

Apr 20, 2009
Curious as to why you want Banks to start? He’s 1 of 13 from three. Clark is 4 of 17. Between them they’re 5 of 30. You’d sit Bones (one of the best players in college basketball) and Ace for those two?
So Bones goes 1 for 7 and we get down 10

• Haha
Reactions: austindr

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2009
Yeah I'm definitely dissapointed with Douglas's play lately. Let's bench Baldwin. 10-3 sounds good!

Rams4Life

Top Member
Insider
Nov 20, 2011
So Bones goes 1 for 7 and we get down 10
This is an interesting point. In response to your post about the lineup shakeup, is it safe to assume you feel Bones is trying to do too much? I ask because it’s appeared that his teammates have deferred to him too much at times as well. We have more players that can make plays off the dribble than we have in a long time, and they seem hesitant to do it at times. As they get more experience, I think Bones will shoot less, while still putting up the same amount of points and getting more assists. Keep in mind we’re young and way ahead of schedule.

I truly wonder what the happy medium is, because Bones is also a very talented passer. I honestly think he and his teammates are tying to figure that out now, and will get it figured out over the next month. Bones seems like a really good teammate. With the empty arenas, you can hear him louder than anybody in the gym. He doesn’t really sulk when he makes mistakes. He’s always cheering on his teammates from the bench and constantly talking on the court to help his guys.

I’d love to start seeing Watkins playing with Bones more often to open things up for everyone to make plays. Watkins is a game changer and if Bones is drawing a defense, he can do a lot of damage. Once we have a consistent third scoring guard in the halfcourt with Bones and Vince, it will take a massive amount of pressure off of Bones. I want to see Ace, Bones, Watkins, Vince and Ward all play at least 10-12 minutes per game together. I bet we start blowing games wide open if that happens. That’s also our best rebounding crew.

Apr 20, 2009
This is an interesting point. In response to your post about the lineup shakeup, is it safe to assume you feel Bones is trying to do too much? I ask because it’s appeared that his teammates have deferred to him too much at times as well. We have more players that can make plays off the dribble than we have in a long time, and they seem hesitant to do it at times. As they get more experience, I think Bones will shoot less, while still putting up the same amount of points and getting more assists. Keep in mind we’re young and way ahead of schedule.

I truly wonder what the happy medium is, because Bones is also a very talented passer. I honestly think he and his teammates are tying to figure that out now, and will get it figured out over the next month. Bones seems like a really good teammate. With the empty arenas, you can hear him louder than anybody in the gym. He doesn’t really sulk when he makes mistakes. He’s always cheering on his teammates from the bench and constantly talking on the court to help his guys.

I’d love to start seeing Watkins playing with Bones more often to open things up for everyone to make plays. Watkins is a game changer and if Bones is drawing a defense, he can do a lot of damage. Once we have a consistent third scoring guard in the halfcourt with Bones and Vince, it will take a massive amount of pressure off of Bones. I want to see Ace, Bones, Watkins, Vince and Ward all play at least 10-12 minutes per game together. I bet we start blowing games wide open if that happens. That’s also our best rebounding crew.
I see things differently than some. I hope I’m wrong. Bad day verses RI I hope, but if not. Change! 9-3 is great. When we play Richmond, we need to be a team.

Reactions: Rams4Life

smiley4284

Top Member
Jul 7, 2011
I see things differently than some. I hope I’m wrong. Bad day verses RI I hope, but if not. Change! 9-3 is great. When we play Richmond, we need to be a team.
Isnt most of our days bad against RI. You want to change lineup 12 games in?326463CE-6B92-4096-AA92-E374ED5699D4.jpeg

Reactions: Ramdog
Mar 2, 2014
I guess it would be different if say, we could beat them once in a while. The loss to Furi stings almost as bad as a loss to Fur.

VRam

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
Bones and Ace are never getting benched. Bones would start on just about every team in college basketball.

Reactions: austindr
May 4, 2012
If there’s a move in PT amongst those 2, I think you’re picking the wrong guy. Unless Stockard is matched up against an undersized, un-athletic player, he’s not going to give us much. Douglas, on the other hand, plays defense and stands a better chance of grabbing rebounds.

We need to move away from playing these 2 guys together. When we do this, we have very little offense and are wasting our 4 spot when there are other kids such as Williams, Watkins (or even Ward or MBJ) who could provide more offense from the 4.
Id like to see Ward at the 4 with Levi.
Most games Levi gets us going then they forget about him.
Together with Ward levi can handle the dirty wirk and feed Ward who has that quickness in the paint.

Mar 1, 2015
Id like to see Ward at the 4 with Levi.
Most games Levi gets us going then they forget about him.
Together with Ward levi can handle the dirty wirk and feed Ward who has that quickness in the paint.
Last year Stockayd was probably the worst player on the worst team in the B12. His plus/minus has been in the negative every year and is -2.0 on his career. His plus/minus of -1.7 is the lowest of all our regulars this year. See a trend? He isn’t very good and that’s why his minutes are sparse and will decrease further. He’s a big body to eat space a couple minutes a game that can make an open layup and provide some free fouls and depth at the 5.

Reactions: G-Man
May 4, 2012
Last year Stockayd was probably the worst player on the worst team in the B12. His plus/minus has been in the negative every year and is -2.0 on his career. His plus/minus of -1.7 is the lowest of all our regulars this year. See a trend? He isn’t very good and that’s why his minutes are sparse and will decrease further. He’s a big body to eat space a couple minutes a game that can make an open layup and provide some free fouls and depth at the 5.
We need a big body in the paint. Doesnt have to be a scoring machine. And despite all your numbers he is still the best center we have.