The Official Beat the Keaney Blue Rams of Rhode Island In The Animal Thread

Mar 1, 2015
We need a big body in the paint. Doesnt have to be a scoring machine. And despite all your numbers he is still the best center we have.
Score is the only thing he seems capable of doing and that’s only on mismatch’s. He doesn’t rebound, he doesn’t block or alter shots. Without the ball he isn’t active - sort of a sloth. He is the worst center we have.

Last edited:
Reactions: G-Man

GarseIronjade

Top Member
Nov 16, 2016
Ward makes our other big men look slow and stiff. I agree with a few others here who think he should play a lot more.

That said, what is with all of the pearl-clutching from some of you peeps when fans suggest lineup changes or minute redistributions on this forum? It's what fans on forums do. It's okay to question our coach and his decisions.

There is nothing wrong with changing the lineup 12, 15, or even 25 games into a season. Especially with this team, which is a young team in a rebuild/regroup kind of year. We should be making changes and evaluating every position constantly.

RonnieDobbs

Top Member
May 20, 2009
That said, what is with all of the pearl-clutching from some of you peeps when fans suggest lineup changes or minute redistributions on this forum?
What's with all the complaining about folks that don't agree with lineup change suggestions? See what I mean? We could do this forever.

I've seen you guys go through this a hundred times. Complaining about complaining about complaining. Nothing wrong with a little healthy dialogue. We're all Ram fans. The people you disagree with are not off their rockers.

GarseIronjade

Top Member
Nov 16, 2016
What's with all the complaining about folks that don't agree with lineup change suggestions? See what I mean? We could do this forever.

I've seen you guys go through this a hundred times. Complaining about complaining about complaining. Nothing wrong with a little healthy dialogue. We're all Ram fans. The people you disagree with are not off their rockers.
I didn't that anyone was off their rockers.

I only said Ward needs more minutes and that this is the perfect place to discuss it. You seem to agree with that last part.

Cheers.

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
Ward makes our other big men look slow and stiff. I agree with a few others here who think he should play a lot more.

That said, what is with all of the pearl-clutching from some of you peeps when fans suggest lineup changes or minute redistributions on this forum? It's what fans on forums do. It's okay to question our coach and his decisions.

There is nothing wrong with changing the lineup 12, 15, or even 25 games into a season. Especially with this team, which is a young team in a rebuild/regroup kind of year. We should be making changes and evaluating every position constantly.
Disagreeing is also what we do on forums.

RESRam

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
Rebounding (yes height helps), is about "want to".
I remember Samme Givens from Drexal, averaged almost 9 per game (26 min avg/game) in rebounding for his career. The guy was 6'5", if that. He was tough.
On offense it is frustrating to watch us play 3 on 5 so much.
Another frustration.... have you ever seen a team that has so much trouble running a fast break. I cringe every time we sprint out on a fast break.
Charles Barkley is another example.

Reactions: Celticguy