The Official Beat the Keaney Blue Rams of Rhode Island In The Animal Thread

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
My Dogg Winston is with Kobe, Corey & a cat ready for some VCU action.
137566767_4881313768609013_3027584291155289292_o.jpg

Yeah, i don’t get the notion that Rhody is more physical than us—talk to other teams/coaches, almost all call VCU out as being excessively physical. While it’s true that Hassan Martin and Langevine were tough on our inside guys—it was usually their length and athleticism that was the difference—as much as I am not a MSS guy, can’t say he got pushed around much and neither did Justin or Mo.

More often, I felt Rhody’s edge was more mental than physical— which is likely due to the fact they had grown men like Martin, Matthews, Garrett and Dowtin—getting in our guys heads precisely because they have been the one team we couldn’t beat purely on athleticism and physicality. I don’t see that same level of guile on the current Rhody roster—but we shall see.
Mental edge rather than physical - due to athleticism and physicality?? I would need help with the logic pattern, but I agree RI doesn’t have real edge it that department this year. Now the upper hand is on the other foot.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
Mental edge rather than physical - due to athleticism and physicality?? I would need help with the logic pattern, but I agree RI doesn’t have real edge it that department this year. Now the upper hand is on the other foot.
They are one of two teams that have regularly been able to match our athleticism, with the other being SLU. Taking athleticism out of the way, it becomes a game of execution—for whatever reasons, they have been better than most at knocking us off our game—i attribute that to mental toughness in the past. I don’t think the mental “edge” will be a factor against this version of VCU—we have swag and no shortage of guys who want to be in the moment.

Ramikin

Elite Member
Insider
Is this Langevine’s 10th season or did he graduate?