The Official Beat the Kennesaw State Owls at the Stu Thread

HBK

Elite Member
yes, they are and I hope you are right on the fixing part.
Watkins showing improvement, I hope it starts showing up in the others.
I expected Watkins to start slower than he has after the ACL. He'll continue to improve. I think the others will, too.

theyaintwantit

Elite Member
So VCU has played Wed-Thurs-Fri of Thanksgiving holiday each of the last two seasons as well as in 2016. In 2019 we played Black Friday and on Saturday. In 2018 we played Monday and Tuesday of the short week. In 2017 we played Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday of the short week. I will say that I'm looking forward to not worrying about watching VCU while I'm dealing with family events, but............ am I the only one who tends to enjoy not talking to family and instead watching VCU play basketball around the holidays? I guess I'm a little torn.

With that said, is it Saturday yet? Not playing for 6 days after a loss SUCKS.

SteveMM

Elite Member
So VCU has played Wed-Thurs-Fri of Thanksgiving holiday each of the last two seasons as well as in 2016. In 2019 we played Black Friday and on Saturday. In 2018 we played Monday and Tuesday of the short week. In 2017 we played Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday of the short week. I will say that I'm looking forward to not worrying about watching VCU while I'm dealing with family events, but............ am I the only one who tends to enjoy not talking to family and instead watching VCU play basketball around the holidays? I guess I'm a little torn.

With that said, is it Saturday yet? Not playing for 6 days after a loss SUCKS.
I'm SO thankful there's no game until Saturday. With my mother in assisted living and not able to come to our house, we're essentially doing two Thanksgivings tomorrow. Then, because our VCU daughter won't be home again until 12/19, we're decorating the Christmas tree on Friday ... which is WAAAAY earlier than usual for us. Don't ask why she can't drive home on a weekend day to do it in a couple of weeks. I have no idea, but she does work a lot and I guess she'll be prepping for exams. Anyhow, Saturday will be when things settle down a bit, and I can bring our son, our other college kid, to his first VCU game this season. If we had a game on Thursday or Friday, it's likely I couldn't be there :(

ViCtorioUs

Elite Member
During my second year at VCU I spent Thanksgiving at my sister's house in Lynchburg. Met up with my roommate from VCU, who was from Lynchburg. Was ready for some bar hopping the night before Thanksgiving. Unfortunately the last bar to close did so at 10:00 pm. Those were the days.
You were probably drinking 3.2% beer.

theyaintwantit

Elite Member
I'm SO thankful there's no game until Saturday. With my mother in assisted living and not able to come to our house, we're essentially doing two Thanksgivings tomorrow. Then, because our VCU daughter won't be home again until 12/19, we're decorating the Christmas tree on Friday ... which is WAAAAY earlier than usual for us. Don't ask why she can't drive home on a weekend day to do it in a couple of weeks. I have no idea, but she does work a lot and I guess she'll be prepping for exams. Anyhow, Saturday will be when things settle down a bit, and I can bring our son, our other college kid, to his first VCU game this season. If we had a game on Thursday or Friday, it's likely I couldn't be there :(
I hear you on all of this. It's fun to watch us play on Thanksgiving, but I'm glad we have a home game on Saturday.
My older sister has lived in Dallas for the last 12 years and has two sons (8 and 6). They love sports and they went to a home game against Rhody in Jan 2020 which we lost, but that is their only VCU game. If you see two kids rocking Junior Rowdy Rams shirts in courtside seats in front of the band on Saturday, that is my nephews! They get LOUD.

SteveMM

Elite Member
I hear you on all of this. It's fun to watch us play on Thanksgiving, but I'm glad we have a home game on Saturday.
My older sister has lived in Dallas for the last 12 years and has two sons (8 and 6). They love sports and they went to a home game against Rhody in Jan 2020 which we lost, but that is their only VCU game. If you see two kids rocking Junior Rowdy Rams shirts in courtside seats in front of the band on Saturday, that is my nephews! They get LOUD.
Courtside, huh? Can't hide money...

;)

SteveMM

Elite Member
Work connections got us the courtside seats. We've been Section 5 behind the opponents bench since 2003-2004.
For me, it is so weird to sit on the other side which I occasionally do.
We're right behind the TV announcers in row B. We partner with another couple on a block of four seats. Believe me, I'm not the one making that level of donation.

Half-baked Mcbride

Elite Member
You were probably drinking 3.2% beer.

Picking up some Unicorn Vomit (Aslin) today for my Thanksgiving guest who enjoy a robust IPA that fights back while also going down easy :lol:

theyaintwantit

Elite Member
Picking up some Unicorn Vomit (Aslin) today for my Thanksgiving guest who enjoy a robust IPA that fights back while also going down easy :lol:

Aslin is one of the best breweries in Virginia, imo.

SpiderRAM

Elite Member
Insider
The owl that was dead in my yard is now in the woods and it’s still dead. GO RAMS, BEAT OWLS.

Our Thanksgiving just got canceled due to illness at the host family’s home. So the 2 of us will enjoy last minute plans at home and hopefully Mr SR will play his saxophone with a track instead of the other musician friends which was the plan at our friend’s home.

Happy Thanksgiving Eve Ram fans!

Mr X

Insider
Work connections got us the courtside seats. We've been Section 5 behind the opponents bench since 2003-2004.
For me, it is so weird to sit on the other side which I occasionally do.
As yes, another section 5'er. Lots of us around on this board