The Official Beat the La Salle Explorers in Philly Thread

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
That game will be intense. UR has been waiting for this chance for years.
I love the fact that this game is really big again. Seems like a long time since we've both had really good squads. Gotta play clean and loose. Show em 25 minutes of Bones and ME on the floor together. Offense ran really well with both of them on.

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011
These are the types of advanced statistics that don’t tell the entire story and are often misleading. For example, Vann scored 9 of our first 11 points of the 2nd half and assisted on the other bucket. Given how the game was at that point, Vann made some HUGE plays that impacted the game.
Just because advanced metrics don't tell the entire story doesn't mean they don't tell a story at all.

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
Overrated? It really doesn’t get much attention at the college level by coaches or NBA scouts.....its barely rated.
The folks I know in both college and the NBA have told me repeatedly that the stat is meaningless without context. For example, we missed two layups and turned the ball over on a break with Evans on the floor. That should have been 6 more points with him on the floor. The point is that plus/minus means little without the context of the game.

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
No, it's not. Properly framed/applied, it can help confirm what the eye-test is telling you.
Exactly...properly framed. Just looking at the plus/minus stat without context is a waste of time. Game situation and context are important. Otherwise, it is a meaningless stat.