The Official Beat the La Salle Explorers in Philly Thread

VRam

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
Our full court press and transition defense was porous. Ashley Howard and the explorers knew exactly how to dissect our press and took advantage of it.

If conference teams see the press all the time then they prepare for and it becomes ineffective.

We need to go back to last year's defensive approach. Play more half court and press judiciously. If we keep the same approach against Rody and Dayton then we will be 0-2.
They knew exactly how to do it? Then why did they fall behind by 17 in the first half?

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Pi$$ poor defensive effort today, both physically and mentally. If the same defense shows up Tuesday, there are going to be a lot of frustrated, angry posters on these boards.

Reactions: RamStrut and Ramdog

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
Pi$$ poor defensive effort today, both physically and mentally. If the same defense shows up Tuesday, there are going to be a lot of frustrated, angry posters on these boards.
I don’t think it will. 2nd road game in 4 days in the same city. We got up big quickly against a bottom feeder in the league. I hated the letdown as much as anyone, but it happens. I think you’ll see a much more focused team on Tuesday at home against a huge rival.

VRam

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
They got to within 3 several.times in the second half. They broke down our press and got easy layins and open corner 3's.

We do that against Dayton.or URI...we will lose
We were smoking them and we got sloppy. They made a run and we smoked 'em again.

Mar 1, 2015
People are piling on Evans but it is about Hyland. Nothing to do with Marcus. It is about playing the right combos and having Hyland of the floor
I mean it’s getting ridiculous. Evans has always been a ball stopper that doesn’t make others better, Hyland does. Without him as a somewhat reliable scorer, there really isn’t a point. It’s more than a shooting slump, he can’t finish or get around people, no lift. If he’s playing hurt that’s on MR. If that isn’t the case, It looks like he’s done. Lots of miles and wear.

Either way he is a liability.

• Angry
Reactions: G-Man and Havoc2Ut2

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Mar 21, 2017
at this point we know we have some dynamite line ups and some that just aren't quite firing on all cylinders.
We have eleven games left in the regular season, with plenty of opportunities to grab some impressive wins that would cement our spot in the NCAA's.
The coaching staff gets paid the big bucks to figure this poop out so hopefully we see some positive change implemented and we don't just keep doing what we've been doing and hoping for the best, I feel that would do a great disservice to the talent assembled on this team already and to the fanbase.