The Official Beat The Louisiana State Bayou Tigers in the Animal Thread

ViCtorioUs

Elite Member
THE TICKNATION TAKE:
VCU got the big win over a ranked LSU team. This was a big win for them and the stats I will post is not to disparage their win at all but simply show why maybe we can match-up well with them this year. VCU shot 32% from 3 and 41% overall. LSU shot 51% but VCU made their money at the line going 23-29. They were absolutely pounded on the glass though. They only had one fewer offensive rebound than LSU but that doesn't tell the story

The ticks take the Mark Twain approach, “There are lies, damned lies and then there are statistics.”

this kills me....i guess i have to almost kind of maybe root for him? maybe for our RPI ranking...but he did say all the right things.

Every pre-game interview I saw with Wade ( there was at least 2 where he was specifically asked about our game) he mentioned that he was at VCU longer than any other position he has held. He was almost expressing nostalgia--or maybe that is just his machine like way of actually expressing positive emotions, lol. Either way, it sure as heck sounded like he said 'now I can go back to rooting for VCU again' in the post game presser. I want to hate him with every fiber of my being, but now I'm feeling a little conflicted about that.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
Every pre-game interview I saw with Wade ( there was at least 2 where he was specifically asked about our game) he mentioned that he was at VCU longer than any other position he has held. He was almost expressing nostalgia--or maybe that is just his machine like way of actually expressing positive emotions, lol. Either way, it sure as heck sounded like he said 'now I can go back to rooting for VCU again' in the post game presser. I want to hate him with every fiber of my being, but now I'm feeling a little conflicted about that.
Users are adept at drawing people back in. Good to keep in mind in general.

he did get the call over Hyland at the end when the game was on the line as he should have.
Hyland is doing well for a freshman but he wasnt ready for final 2 minutes in a tight game.
He and Curry will benefit greatly from our upcoming string of cupcakes as will the invisible other three freshmen.
The upcoming game with Jacksonville State will not be a cupcake.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
I agree that Wade handled things well. His postgame presser he gave kudos to the program and fans. He said he can now be a VCU fan. Last night kind of put things to bed for me. He worked hard for VCU when he was here and you cannot ask for more than that. Now is Coach Rhoades time so onward we go.

SwiftyClown

Elite Member
this kills me....i guess i have to almost kind of maybe root for him? maybe for our RPI ranking...but he did say all the right things.

I like him but I'll never root for LSU. They'll have a good bpi from just being in the SEC. They shot 56% against our defense that forced 26 turnovers and lost by 2 on the road. They're going to win plenty of games.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
7 missed 3s to 1 made between 00:20 first half 36-50 and 12:14 2nd half 61-64
We were up 62-48 with 15:31 left in the second half. We did not blow any lead between 50-36 and 62-48 while going 1-6 on 3s. When they made their comeback to cut it from 62-48 to 64-61, we were 0-2 on 3s. This clearly doesn’t fit DL’s narrative. It wasn’t bad 3 point shots that slowed LSU to cut into our lead

Beirne

Elite Member
images