The Official Beat The Louisiana State Bayou Tigers in the Animal Thread

Dec 2, 2012
Just
You called him an idiot on a message board. Would you have the nuts to call a 22 year old student athlete an idiot? The same student athlete who plays his A$$ off every night for a basketball program that you apparently support ?
My two cents, but some one needs to have the moderators give him a week off from posting

Reactions: SpiderRAM
Dec 2, 2012
Wasn't Jenkins on the floor, it was Jenkins whom Bones was trying to pass the ball. Mike brought in Crow for the remainder of the game.
Bones is already contributing, but he's not quite ready to jump in and lead the team for the last 5 minutes when Evans fouls out.
I could see him being ready by the end of the year.

Reactions: BradRamFan

zackry93

Top Member
Insider
Mar 14, 2016
THE TICKNATION TAKE:
VCU got the big win over a ranked LSU team. This was a big win for them and the stats I will post is not to disparage their win at all but simply show why maybe we can match-up well with them this year. VCU shot 32% from 3 and 41% overall. LSU shot 51% but VCU made their money at the line going 23-29. They were absolutely pounded on the glass though. They only had one fewer offensive rebound than LSU but that doesn't tell the story

What could they get out of that game that says they matchup well? If anything they should be more worried.

And we missed 8 more shots so LSU outrebounded us by 7. That's not getting pounded on the glass that's pretty close to what should be expected though they definitely won that. MSS is going to feast on rebounds against the spiders.

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
Funny, I find myself now with the same emotions. Any pent up bitterness I feel towards an ex-coach seems to dissipate after they come back for the home-and-home rematch. I didn't think I'd change regarding Will Wade. But after the win last night, and what at lease at face value seems continued respect on his part towards our program, I find myself less bitter towards him today. He and LSU have moved from the "I hope you lose" category, into the "I don't give an F about you" category. Peace be with you, I've moved on. It feels good!
First sign of genius is the ability to change one’s perspective as new sets of facts emerge.....

Reactions: Beirne and TampaKAP

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
What could they get out of that game that says they matchup well? If anything they should be more worried.

And we missed 8 more shots so LSU outrebounded us by 7. That's not getting pounded on the glass that's pretty close to what should be expected though they definitely won that. MSS is going to feast on rebounds against the spiders.
HaHa! VCU was playing an athletic LSU team that plays defense.

Mar 18, 2012
This team has something we have lacked for many years. A big athletic, unselfish, C/F, willing to do all the dirty work under the basket, and enough of a scoring threat to open up the court. Marcus Santos-Silva looks like the closest thing to one of the most under rated players in VCU history, Mike Schlegel. He is the key to this teams success.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
This team has something we have lacked for many years. A big athletic, unselfish, C/F, willing to do all the dirty work under the basket, and enough of a scoring threat to open up the court. Marcus Santos-Silva looks like the closest thing to one of the most under rated players in VCU history, Mike Schlegel. He is the key to this teams success.
Nice! I like this.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Hate to break it to you DL.... but we actually did win a lot of games, in which we jacked up a lot of 3's.... don't believe, why don't you look at my stats thread from last season

Taking a lot of 3's wasn't the issue.... the issue was usually taking bad ones. We were 20-6 in games where we took 20+ 3's last year (5-1 when we took under 20)…. however We were 9-1 when we shot 35% or better from 3, we were 16-6 when we shot less than 35% from 3.

5 of our losses came because we got out rebounded, 5 of our losses because we had 20+ fouls as a team (meaning we were in foul trouble a lot, which hampers who coach can put out on the court & for how long), We were 16-6 when we had fewer than 10 steals, as opposed to 9-1 when we recorded 10+ steals in a game.

We were 20-3 when we won the turnover battle last year, 2-0 when we had the same amount of turnovers as our opponents, that means we were 3-4 in games where we had more turnovers than our opponent.

Go through & look at some of that stat breakdowns I got on there & you'll see our 3 pt shooting was certainly not our biggest issue last year.
You and I agree on taking bad 3 pts. Jackes up 3 ptrs = bad 3 ptrs. Good 3 ptrs = uncontested 3 pt shots as a result of sharing the basketball.

Look at last night's box score below:

LSU beat us 46-30 points in the paint for the.game.

We shot 2-12 from 3 in the second half and 9 -30 from 2 pt range while lsu 17-32 from 2.

17 - 9 = 8 2 pt. fg difference or +16 in the paint for LSU.

There you have it LSU got easy layups in transition from long rebounds on VCU's 3 pts missed in the second half.

This game should not have been that close because we outscored them in the paint in the.first half.34-28.

Lets dive into last year's schedule and look at
Sample of wins from the streak.

Dusquene score 80 - 64, paint VCU 48-28
Mason 79-63, paint vcu 42-28
GW 60-50, paint vcu 34-20
Bonny 85-55, paint VCU 39-21
UR 1st time 80-61, paint vcu 34-24
UR 2nd time 69-66, paint vcu 46-24.

Notice we decisively outscored our opponents in the paint regardless of our 3 pt shooting.

That is our offensive identity.

Ppl.here are like "No DL, we win with 3's, it can't be 2's".

I remind the old times, JD Barnett won exactly the.same way. We got into the paint and outscored the opposition at the FT line 99% of the time. Nothing wrong with fundamentally sound half court basketball. Its is tried and true formula.

Last edited:
Reactions: Celticguy
Apr 21, 2009
I am sticking to my previous ex-coach maxim. I hate them until they get fired from their new destination. Coach Capel and Grant (with the exception of the Dayton games) are cool with me. If/ When Shaka gets canned from Texas, it will be a love fest. When Will tastes the bitterness of indictment, I will donate to his gofundme legal defense fund.