The Official Beat The Louisiana State Bayou Tigers in the Animal Thread

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
Two days out and my vocal cords still haven't recovered! Everything about Wednesday was amazing. Thank you Ram Army for dedicating this win to Ram Nation. You guys are the BEST! ❤🐏
It can be slightly minimized sucking on lozenges during the game, keep your throat wet. Me and my lady call it "sexy voice'" and we go through most the season like this.

Whatever you do, don't stop screaming.
Bring the rains. ⛈

The more we scream the better they do.

👍

Linda Knight

Elite Member
Insider
It can be slightly minimized sucking on lozenges during the game, keep your throat wet. Me and my lady call it "sexy voice'" and we go through most the season like this.

Whatever you do, don't stop screaming.
Bring the rains. ⛈

The more we scream the better they do.

👍
Thanks for the recommendation. You don't have to worry about me not screaming. I yell and do cheers at TV when game is away.

Then I guess North Texas was the conference championship because they celebrated after that win as well

I am 100% against fans storming the court under any circumstance at this point, but I have no problem with the team celebrating any win
I think, my opinion, that the coaches watered down the team after unt to break the mood of it being a close game.
I think the lsu watering of the coaches by the team was kind of payback.
None of it having to do with super bowl treatment of the game.
Or maybe they're just having fun.

BradRamFan

Elite Member
Good sarcastic post. Oh wait...

People refer to games as 'Superbowls' because they're the biggest games of the year for a team. Guess you're saying this team will be sitting at home in march?

Also, you seem to gloss over teams like UVA, Georgia Tech, etc. Who've played at the stu in the last few years. heck, even a10 teams have been better and more nationally recognized than LSU recently.

So no. This was not our superbowl. It was the best non conference opponent this year, I'll give you that.
outside of a needed win for the conference, this will be our biggest game of the year. The biggest game because they are ranked....no other reason. I mean what have they really done in the past 5-6 years. Well yes, they made the sweet 16 last year but really, even with their 'nba' players they have not done much. Nonetheless, being ranked and coming to the stu, whomever they may be, is a big deal. Headed by a previous coach is even a bigger deal. Unless we are fighting for a conference championship and number 1 seed in the tournament, this will be our biggest home game....it is our superbowl. The fact they are LSU is immaterial. Having a ranked team with the balls...or in this case, the requirement to play at the stu is a big deal. The fact that we should have been ranked for this game.....to make it two ranked teams at the stu makes it even bigger.
I am not trying to downplay our level of play or that this was a cinderella win....it was not. I am just talking about having a ranked team at the stu when I talk about a superbowl game

SWV

Elite Member
I think, my opinion, that the coaches watered down the team after unt to break the mood of it being a close game.
🙌🏻 Yes!!! 🙌🏻

mglitos

Elite Member
Insider

You get what's going on here. Pay more attention to the watering after UNT. A few years ago, after winning a home game by three, the kids would've been shellacked for 20 minutes postgame about what they did wrong. Rhoades takes a different tack--we're going to celebrate the win, and he did so in a fun way by watering down the players. Now, I can guarantee you film session was chock full of, uh, instructional moments. But the kids were going to feel good about winning a basketball game before the teaching moments began.

It says something about the bond of the locker room--not just between the players, but between the players and coaches--that their first thought was to get the coaches back with a watering. The opponent had nothing to do with it. This was a VCU thing. Minor correction: the opponent mattered because it was a very good team we beat.

Or, as CK so aptly put it--the kids are not robots. Let them have some fun without attaching meaning to every action.

SZQ VCU

Elite Member
Insider
Sure felt like my own personal Super Bowl but I’m not opposed to more in all year long!

SWV

Elite Member
I had a co-worker (UVA fan) say to me ”hey, good game by VCU,” then proceeds to criticize the locker room celebration. I said “you don’t realize it was a continuation from the previous game where coach got them, so the team got him back.” He looked at me like “yeah, okay.“ It never occurred to me that it was primarily about that win.