The Official Beat The Louisiana State Bayou Tigers in the Animal Thread

VCU Heel

Top Member
Aug 7, 2012
Well, at least we didn't storm the court like we did when we beat #17 Oklahoma at the Siegel Center when Capel returned:

BTW, Oklahoma finished the season 13-18, 4-12 in the Big 12.
I fail to see the big deal. Few people would remember us rushing the court if you hadn’t pointed it out. Almost no one would remember Oklahoma’s record that season if you hadn’t pointed it out. It’s a non-issue. And the watering of a coach after a big home win will be a non-issue in another week (if it isn’t already).

Reactions: Bridgewater83

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
I fail to see the big deal. Few people would remember us rushing the court if you hadn’t pointed it out. Almost no one would remember Oklahoma’s record that season if you hadn’t pointed it out. It’s a non-issue. And the watering of a coach after a big home win will be a non-issue in another week (if it isn’t already).
Short memories are the foundation for a lot of our conversations in this forum. :D

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
What is wrong with you. Do you really feel the need to attack a player for a play that you find to be so offensive that he must miss 3 games as punishment. You really have a personal dislike or some issue of sort to call him a disparaging name. Really? This player you have issues with has saved our arse on a number of occasions. I think the team would take serious issue with you criticism. Perhaps tomorrow will be a better day for you.
I didnt attack the guy. Just called out a dumb play that a 5th year Sr. never makes. Its not that serious. I am not on a bash IV. Campaign. In fact, I was one of the first to say he was snubbed by the A10 pre-season selection committee.

However, and idiot play is an idiot play. That's it that's all. I am sorry you are a snowflake and sensitive. I am not from that era. For example you assume, I have an issue when I do not.

As to the team having an issue, they can its their prerogative. However, since it was a one off, and not really meant as an attack on the fellows character, I'd tell them as I would my own child in their place to get over it.

So, to answer your question. Nothing is wrong with me. What's wrong with you that you make such a big deal out of one statement made during a game on a fan page. Let's be clear if that is the worse thing that happens in his life I dare say, he will have lived a charmed but most likely an isolated life. Further, if that's the worse thing a fan calls him during his playing career, he is destined for greatness. Even Lebron has been called worse .

Players, coaches have been called much worse things on this very board.

Finally, What's wrong with you that you are so sensitive and butt hurt that you felt the need to question my choice of words stated in the heat of action.? I do hope you have a great day, and for the record every day I wake up is better than the last.

Last edited:
Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Super Bowl ? hardly. A good win for sure, but a ranked LSU isn't basketball royalty by any stretch of the imagination. The locker room celebration was the culmination of a goal since the first practice. This was an ex coach, a top 25 team, and an early season victory. No reason not to celebrate.
I have to agree. Also, this was one that almost got away. VCU made serious mistakes but stuck with the plan, no one played hero ball, no one gave up, and we won. That's cause for celebration right there IMHO.

If I were Mike I would have been very happy and I would have wanted my guys to know how proud I was that they believed in the process and it worked. That's important especially if they have tough games ahead. The fact that it was against WW and a P5 opponent that was ranked just ahed of us with similar types of wins, when we were dropped added to it as well.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Few things:

1-Coach Rhoades' point of view is that winning college basketball games is hard, and we celebrate winning around here. He handles the minutiae in practice and film sessions.

2-The players took it upon themselves to get Coach back for throwing water after the last win. What I had to cut from the clip -- which was pretty funny to watch -- was Santos-Silva running back and forth from the training room across the hall with his arms full of water bottles.

3-Even if you remove all the Will Wade stuff, we've had a Power 5 team in our building -- let alone a good one -- in our building fewer than 10 times in the last 20 years. It was our first win over a ranked team in four years. The building was off the chain. These kids aren't robots.
Rollins I think many of us agree with 1-3. Let them have fun, let them enjoy this journey, it'll be a short collegiate career and it will be very cool at the end of the day to say they were both successful and they enjoyed it. That's what makes college basketball better than the pros. It the excitement and the enthusiasm, its really not all about the basketball skill.

Be silly, have fun, and love what your doing. I think Mike and crew got it right.

May 19, 2015
I didnt attack the guy. Just called out a dumb play that a 5th year Sr. never makes. Its not that serious. I am not on a bash IV. Campaign. In fact, I was one of the first to say he was snubbed by the A10 pre-season selection committee.

However, and idiot play is an idiot play. That's it that's all. I am sorry you are a snowflake and sensitive. I am not from that era. For example you assume, I have an issue when I do not.

As to the team having an issue, they can its their prerogative. However, since it was a one off, and not really meant as an attack on the fellows character, I'd tell them as I would my own child in their place to get over it.

So, to answer your question. Nothing is wrong with me. What's wrong with you that you make such a big deal out of one statement made during a game on a chat game. Let's be clear if that is the worse thing that happens in his life I dare say, he will have lived a charged but most likely an isolated life. Further, if that's the worse thing a fan calls him during his playing career, he is destined for greatness. Even Lebron has been called worse .

Players, coaches have been call much worse things on this very board.

Finally, What's wrong with you that you are so sensitive and butt hurt that you felt the need to question my choice of words stated in the heat of action.? I do hope you have a great day, and for the record every day I wake up is better than the last.
You called the player an idiot. Inexcusable.

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
Ugh I hate pulling for LSU but we need them to do well I suppose to help out our resume. Feels gross. Their arena is absolutely dead. I'm so thankful for all that is the Stu. Additionally thankful for this forum I know it's a football Saturday but there's not one thread on this game on Tiger Droppings. Ram Nation is a special place not to be taken for granted.