The Official Beat the Memphis Tigers in Tennessee Thread

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Beware, I live! But our toughest out-of-conference game awaits...

Memphis-Tigers-logo.jpg

TV: ESPN+, Sunday November 20th at 5:00pm

Radio: 910 AM the Fan (910 AM or 105.1 FM) or the VCU Athletics app

History: VCU is 3-4 all time against Memphis.

Last Meeting: VCU defeated Memphis 70-59 in the Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic in Sioux Falls, SD on 11/27/20.

Last Games: VCU defeated Pittsburgh 71-67 at Barclays Center on 11/17/22; Memphis lost to Saint Louis 90-84 on 11/15/22

Half-baked Mcbride

Elite Member
Don't we have a Tigers fan that posts here on occasion?? MemTigers or something? Can't seem to find his handle....

This is gonna be a really tough game for our still gelling Rams
Memphis has 10 seniors and a couple juniors on this squad...they beat Vandy and recently lost to SLU in a high scoring affair.
DeAndre WIlliams is a load around the basket
Kendric Davis is a seasoned floor leader who can dish and shoot and initiate contract while finishing
Alex Lomax is a swiss army guard
oh yea...and they have a young kid named Jonathan Lawson at small forward (who WAS ejected in the SLU game) who actually redshirted last year and totally looks to have serious game

Our best hope is (cue dead horse being beaten gif) to NOT lose the turnover game....

With Ace out and mental errors abounding? This could get really ugly and turn into one of those games where the Rams are just never in it. But we didn't give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor......and come hades or high water, these Rams are tipping off on Sunday....so why not win this one?!?!

Let's Go Rams!!

Mercury

Elite Member
Don't we have a Tigers fan that posts here on occasion?? MemTigers or something? Can't seem to find his handle....

This is gonna be a really tough game for our still gelling Rams
Memphis has 10 seniors and a couple juniors on this squad...they beat Vandy and recently lost to SLU in a high scoring affair.
DeAndre WIlliams is a load around the basket
Kendric Davis is a seasoned floor leader who can dish and shoot and initiate contract while finishing
Alex Lomax is a swiss army guard
oh yea...and they have a young kid named Jonathan Lawson at small forward (who WAS ejected in the SLU game) who actually redshirted last year and totally looks to have serious game

Our best hope is (cue dead horse being beaten gif) to NOT lose the turnover game....

With Ace out and mental errors abounding? This could get really ugly and turn into one of those games where the Rams are just never in it. But we didn't give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor......and come hades or high water, these Rams are tipping off on Sunday....so why not win this one?!?!

Let's Go Rams!!

I think he was an ODU fan from the CAAzone that had some Memphis Tigers connection. I too forget the username.

Pretty young team and Penny is not a good coach as we saw last year.
We might have a shot at this one. Did not think so b4 the season started.
I must have been looking at a prior year roster, they are not young at all. Nevermind.

IF, you are headed to Memphis and need a room. Check out Hotel Indigo on North BB King Blvd. Last time the hotel took wifey's points, don't ask me which one. lol Off street parking deck and walking distance to the Rendezvous ( on the way to the game), Fed Forum and Beale. On your way back stop and have a cold one for me at the Rum Boogie Cafe.

Gonna be a great test for VCU!

GO! Rams!!