The Official Beat The Minutemen in Amherst Thread

A_Med

Top Member
Insider
Mar 11, 2013
Wow. I have always heard this forum gets crazy during a game. I stayed away for the entire game and now after reading through the posts I just don't know how some of you guys don't cut your wrists every game. I saw a terrific basketball game against a terrific team and we lost. We didn't get rolled over we just lost. That's the thing about sports. Every game somebody has to lose. Sure its cool to say we didn't do this well or that well and you would be right but we played a good basketball game. It was a back and forth game on their court with their crowd giving them the energy they needed to pull it out when they were down.

I also thought it was one of the better officiated games of the season. I'll go stand with the minority now I guess. GO RAMS! Beat fordham!!!

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Aaah...... that would be me. I wish like he11 I was wrong. But I wasn't. What I've said for the last couple weeks, is that when the big money is on the table, the guys walk away from said table..... without the money. They don't get it done. And you are correct. We have a pretty good basketball team. But we are an average A10 squad who can not win a big game on the road. And it's not b'c they are choke artists. It's because they just aren't that good. We were all wrong in the pre-season. This is not the "special" team we thought we had. Still....... onward. We must continue the fight. For whatever is left now.

Reddic is the one that can't play when the lights are on. He is the definition of soft!!! And I'm sick and tired of everyone on the team trying to get him up for a big game. He has pissed his NBA career away his senior year. I hope he enjoys playing in Siberia next year!!!

rvaram

Top Member
Mar 26, 2012
Slu is our must win game. All sins are forgiven with an ass whipping against the billikens

smiley4284

Top Member
Jul 7, 2011
Only thing keeping the faith we can do damage in the tournament is 2010. But we dont have Skeen, JRod or Rozzell

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
Wow. I have always heard this forum gets crazy during a game. I stayed away for the entire game and now after reading through the posts I just don't know how some of you guys don't cut your wrists every game. I saw a terrific basketball game against a terrific team and we lost. We didn't get rolled over we just lost. That's the thing about sports. Every game somebody has to lose. Sure its cool to say we didn't do this well or that well and you would be right but we played a good basketball game. It was a back and forth game on their court with their crowd giving them the energy they needed to pull it out when they were down.

I also thought it was one of the better officiated games of the season. I'll go stand with the minority now I guess. GO RAMS! Beat fordham!!!

Personally, I'm fine with the officiating. They pretty much let 'em play. Works for me.

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
The bottom line is this team is not a good shooting team. We are undisciplined and have way too many breakdowns on defense. Our seniors make mind-numbingly stupid plays. How many layups did Juvonte miss by fading away or tossing up something weak? With a chance to tie, we don't even get a shot off cause Bri makes a terrible decision. Right now we are not a very good team. Way too many turnovers.

We will probably be playing on Thursday in Brooklyn as we will lose the tiebreaker to both UMass and St. Joes. Our lack of discipline, poor shooting and defensive breakdowns have been most evident when we play the really good teams on the road in close games late. Other than UVA, we haven't beaten a really top tier team on the road. Sure we have been close, but we don't close well.

I am generally an optimistic, "glass half-full" kind of person, but this team sucks the life out of me with some of the worst decision making and lack of toughness I have seen in a while. Just mind-numbing.

Jan 30, 2010
Bottom line is you cannot continue to struggle at the free throw line and shoot sub40% from the field and beat good teams--beat Wofford yes, Umass on the road -NO! Layups are a joke at this point. If they shoot 43% on any given night, VCU wins, that simple. We better hope we don't lose to SLU and Richmond, we may be hovering that bubble talk. Losing 3 of the last 4 absolutely SUCKS! In the end, it may be good to slip to a 10 or a 11 seed. Time will tell.

May 1, 2009
Late to the party........under 40% will NOT win in this confrence. We missed waaaaay too many lay ups.
Ok let the beatings begin, but you know that I am right.

Reactions: 92VCUpikapp
Jul 1, 2009
Let's face facts, we don't have the guns to win tough fights in this conference this year. These guys play hard, and try hard, but just don't have the offensive game we need.

Reactions: GRID

GRID

Insider
Mar 18, 2013
I am very disappointed in this team. This was a must-win against an inferior team. Guess what - we are a bubble team now. Minus Fordham, the rest of the season is very difficult for this enigmatic team. And little Chaz kicked our ass.

not taking nothing from chaz but just like most road losses this year, they didn't beat us as much as we miss sooooo many shots / opportunities and lost the game more than the other team won it. Chaz could've had a cape on but if we would've hit the layups, open 3's and FTs we'd be happy right now.

Reactions: VCU94MCV98

RamBo

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
We're done. Need to find a way now to "limp in" to the Dance- as others have mentioned. And then you roll the dice, and try to get a win or two. But this team is not very good right now. It's the sad truth. But reality is now setting in. I get frustrated when all year long, guys cry and cry after losses. And they say we're cooked, and all that. Well...... now is the time to face the music. Let's just hope the bubble doesn't burst. I'd like to keep our NCAA streak alive. At least that's something. Still thinking about the recruiting. For the Love of wonderful creatures everywhere...... from here on out, recruit us some darn SHOOTERS!!!!!!!!!!!