The Official Beat the Oregon Ducks in the West Region in Indy Thread.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
I understand, but two weeks would have given time for them to quarantine in the event of a positive test. Now, there‘s no wiggle room. No good either way, honestly.

Both VCU and St. Bonaventure did everything they were supposed to do and I think the A-10 absolutely made the right decision. The bigger question is regarding referee COVID protocol. You want the best refs you can get for your games, but one ref may have had a significant impact on two separate conferences if he is indeed the transmitter of COVID to both VCU and Duke. It will be interesting to follow St. Bonaventure at this point to see if any players test positive in the next couple of days. If they do, then the NCAA has to deal with LSU, and LSU is probably out of the tournament due to contact tracing. I hate to say it, but this issue is not over yet for the NCAA. It may very well still have legs.

Mercury

Top Member
Feb 20, 2009
We should have played a week earlier when the teams were already in place rather than traveling to Dayton a week later. Sorry Mr. Wheat. I am having my personal pity party because of funds lost, but feel bad for all of our players, coaches and fans. Although Oregon is advancing it kind of sucks for their players, coaches and fans as well since they have to wait until Monday to play.
How does Oregon advancing suck for their players and fans?

Reactions: VCU94MCV98

buckwheat

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
We should have played a week earlier when the teams were already in place rather than traveling to Dayton a week later. Sorry Mr. Wheat. I am having my personal pity party because of funds lost, but feel bad for all of our players, coaches and fans. Although Oregon is advancing it kind of sucks for their players, coaches and fans as well since they have to wait until Monday to play.
All good my man. I’m right there with you as far as being frustrated. These are strange times. Lord knows I don’t have the answers.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
And what was the logic in having the A10 tournament in RVA then moving the championship to Dayton? I haven't heard a good explanation for that yet.

If they got it from Roger Ayers, it really isn't an issue where the championship game was played. FYI - It was played at Dayton because Dayton is a two hour bus ride to Indy and both teams went into the NCAA bubble Sunday night. It was also played a week later because of the TV contract with CBS.

Apr 9, 2015
I hope and pray that none of the players, coaches and anyone who has been with the team gets seriously sick from the disease. It does sound like Roger Ayers is fighting and it hit him hard. It puts everything back in perspective with life. I am sad for the players and coaches because they did everything right.

VCUFTW

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
I’m extremely disappointed but absolutely devastated for the players, coaches, and staff. I couldn’t be more proud of what they accomplished this season and just feel so bad that this season came to and end like this.

Get home safely Rams, we love you 🖤💛😢

Feb 21, 2021
First of all , I hope that our players with positive test are getting all the care they need (I am sure they are); I hope Roger Ayers pulls out of this. To all the Ramily in Indy. so sorry this has happened. Can't wait till all of us can travel with the team and see them to victory. Enjoy what you can of Indy. Our off season starts now! Go Rams!!!

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
So we all have our opinion on Ayers but as a human consider this. COVID has him in the hospital. COVID caused him several paychecks as well. We do he officiated our game and we had positive test. Fla St/UNC but I haven’t heard of positive test from either. Before that game he did Ga Tech and they had a player test positive in the bubble. And of course before that he did the Duke game. So when he was infected and then became a spreader is in question but I am willing to bet he didn’t do it on purpose

Feb 16, 2011
Trust me, I’ve had covid. It’s no joke and know 5 individuals who have died of complications related to it.
I’ve had it too. It’s different for everyone based on your own health factors. College basketball players seem to have tolerated it very well.