The Official Beat the Oregon Ducks in the West Region in Indy Thread.

Dec 8, 2011
We got SCREWED. THe NCAA said that if 5 players test negative, they can play. VCU only had three negative tests. Tipoff is in half an hour and there is literally no reason the game shouldn't be played other than the NCAA moved the goalposts (not surprising).

Reactions: austindr and Ramdog

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
I would like to see this happen:

1. Oregon wins the NCAA tournament
2. VCU disputes the championship
3. Oregon plays VCU in 2 months at a mutually-agreed upon neutral site
4. VCU beats Oregon for the program's first national title
WWE rules! I like it!

Bah gawd, is that Bones Hyland's music?

Mar 1, 2015
Conference tournaments a dumb to begin with, just a quick cash grab. After the regular season it’s clear who the best teams are. Really stupid for one bid leagues. This year, particularly, why take risk, and certainty don’t delay the title game a week.

Reactions: mrgeode

SteveMM

Top Member
Feb 1, 2016
This is not the podcast we expected to be putting out tonight, but host George Templeton has his take on the cancellation of VCU's first round NCAA Tournament game tonight. We're all devastated. Listen at the link below or on your favorite podcast site.

Reactions: Ramdog and LQuarles

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
We got SCREWED. THe NCAA said that if 5 players test negative, they can play. VCU only had three negative tests. Tipoff is in half an hour and there is literally no reason the game shouldn't be played other than the NCAA moved the goalposts (not surprising).
Oh, they didn't want us not to play - enormous black eye for the tournament, lost TV revenue, the whole enterprise is now under a microscope instead of in the spotlight. The health department in Indianapolis made the call.

rammed

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
I want Bernadette McGlade to personally come to Richmond and apologize to every VCU player, coach, trainer intern, for making the INCREDIBLY STUPID decesion to move the A-10 championship game and delay it a week. Where do we start the #FireBernadetteMcGlade ?
I'm sure smarter people than me than explain it. I never understood why we would delay the A10 championship game a week (and closer to when the NCAA tourney started). I agreed with moving the A10 tourney earlier, but why not complete it totally earlier??!!? SMH.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2011
Oh, they didn't want us not to play - enormous black eye for the tournament, lost TV revenue, the whole enterprise is now under a microscope instead of in the spotlight. The health department in Indianapolis made the call.
The Health Department should not have made the call. The NCAA should have stuck by the rule THEY made and said "ok, so they had three players test positive and 9 test negative. Play ball!"

Reactions: Ramdog