The Official Beat the Oregon Ducks in the West Region in Indy Thread.

VCU94MCV98

Top Member
Mar 27, 2011
We got SCREWED. THe NCAA said that if 5 players test negative, they can play. VCU only had three negative tests. Tipoff is in half an hour and there is literally no reason the game shouldn't be played other than the NCAA moved the goalposts (not surprising).

Part of me really wonders if the same decision would've been made if our jerseys said "Virginia", "Michigan", or even "Gonzaga" instead of "VCU". Probably not very productive to think that way, but there it is.

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
The Health Department should not have made the call. The NCAA should have stuck by the rule THEY made and said "ok, so they had three players test positive and 9 test negative. Play ball!"
Unfortunately the NCAA defers to the health department when it comes to COVID protocols. They made their determination that the virus was spreading and decided it was unsafe for us to play. It sucks but it’s their call.

Ram14

Top Member
Insider
Jun 20, 2011
Not the time to talk about what a great season we have had , plenty of time for that.

Just did this myself and pass on to others: Don't forget to cancel the recording on your DVR's or you will be seeing that in your saved list until you delete it and it will be like salt in the wound.

Celebrate the season. In your hearts, embrace the players and staff.

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
Part of me really wonders if the same decision would've been made if our jerseys said "Virginia", "Michigan", or even "Gonzaga" instead of "VCU". Probably not very productive to think that way, but there it is.
Doubt it. UVA had to delay travel until yesterday and went the whole week without a full practice, and they just lost to Ohio.

Reactions: rskills

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
We got SCREWED. THe NCAA said that if 5 players test negative, they can play. VCU only had three negative tests. Tipoff is in half an hour and there is literally no reason the game shouldn't be played other than the NCAA moved the goalposts (not surprising).
I imagine the local health dept. was the deciding agency on not playing.

HTTRams!

Top Member
Jan 18, 2014
How great would it be if Texas won this year. We win next year, while LSU gets a 1 seed and loses in the first round.

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
Doubt it. UVA had to delay travel until yesterday and went the whole week without a full practice, and they just lost to Ohio.
But they got to come and play. I believe if they had been a higher seed and NOT the most recent national champs, they wouldn’t have been allowed to play.

Reactions: austindr

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
WELL SHEE-ITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most words except those with 4 letters escape me.

Reactions: Newboy