The Official Beat the Oregon Ducks in the West Region in Indy Thread.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
The Health Department should not have made the call. The NCAA should have stuck by the rule THEY made and said "ok, so they had three players test positive and 9 test negative. Play ball!"
I mean, much as they like to think so, the NCAA isn't a law unto itself

Reactions: rskills

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
It's THEIR tournament. Not the so-and-so department of health's tournament. Why make a rule if they can just change it or move the goalposts like that?
As with most things they say, that NCAA associate vice executive assistant president who said you can play with 5 guys was talking out of his @ss.

Reactions: VRam and rvadansox

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
Well how did this all of a sudden happen a couple of hours before game time. Heck, I just got the flash on my phone a few minutes ago. Pfuuuu... this. Unbelievable. Well, I guess we now go into the "eat our own" typical off season. Bummer.

We had at least 5 guys who qualified and the game's off. WTF?

Dec 8, 2011
As with most things they say, that NCAA associate vice executive assistant president who said you can play with 5 guys was talking out of his @ss.
Absolutely..but he DID say it and it was made known to every team...who's going to hold them to it? When is there going to be any accountability? This is a disaster no matter which way anyone spins it. This NEVER should have happened. As I write this it's 9:57, time for tipoff. Play ball.

Apr 20, 2009
Doesn't wash. You have to know whatever you said was false for it to stick. I like Chuck, but he'd have a pretty solid case for not knowing much about anything.
Charles..Chuck...actually an old VCU fan, his college coach, a guy named Sonny, had him at VCU for a couple of ramfan gatherings. And funny, stand beside him, what a big dude, especially if you're vertically challenged.

Reactions: dc2232 and mrgeode

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
Absolutely..but he DID say it and it was made known to every team...who's going to hold them to it? When is there going to be any accountability? This is a disaster no matter which way anyone spins it. This NEVER should have happened. As I write this it's 9:57, time for tipoff. Play ball.
There is no accountability in the NCAA. None. Why bother if the rules are not rules? I'd rather have seen us take a 20 point loss with the guys we had left than this crap.

Reactions: rvadansox