The Official Beat the Oregon Ducks in the West Region in Indy Thread.

vcumad

Top Member
Insider
Jan 19, 2010
Closer t
Completely bs the a10 did this

it just adds unnecessary risks to have teams traveling to an extra location when they are all in place the prior week

this is 100% on the A10
We should have played a week earlier when the teams were already in place rather than traveling to Dayton a week later. Sorry Mr. Wheat. I am having my personal pity party because of funds lost, but feel bad for all of our players, coaches and fans. Although Oregon is advancing it kind of sucks for their players, coaches and fans as well since they have to wait until Monday to play.
We could not have played any earlier because the A-10 was contractually obligated with CBS to play the championship game on Sunday. If there had been COVID problems after the semi-finals, there would have been time to correct them, as was the case with UVA. And if the problem was Roger Ayers, it would have screwed things up no matter what the A-10 did.

Reactions: MobileMunchies

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
Absolutely..but he DID say it and it was made known to every team...who's going to hold them to it? When is there going to be any accountability? This is a disaster no matter which way anyone spins it. This NEVER should have happened. As I write this it's 9:57, time for tipoff. Play ball.
Apparently, the County Health Department overruled everyone and everything.

Reactions: MobileMunchies
Jan 15, 2020
I need to get off to Twitter for a while because seeing the fudgeing UR fans glee over this turn of events is going to make me get banned from Twitter (again)

That’s F ing low even for UR.

edit: I just read their board. I hope they never win a game again and Mooney gets a lifetime contract. Oh and I hope they get blown out forever and everyone quits their position and they can’t get replacements so Mooney has to do every job.

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
True, but watch the way they move the ball. It’s impressive. They did it to Kansas, UVA, Auburn, Iowa, West Virginia, BYU, etc.
Ok, and why do I care? I'm now worried about the "stupid-spreader" event that's coming to my town in Texas shortly. As they say in Monty Python...RUN AWAY!!!

Reactions: austindr

vcumad

Top Member
Insider
Jan 19, 2010
Completely bs the a10 did this

it just adds unnecessary risks to have teams traveling to an extra location when they are all in place the prior week

this is 100% on the A10
This is NOT on the A-10 and there a number of clear explanations, not just mine, already posted, not to mention if COVID-19 had been addressed properly a year ago, we would not be talking about it now.

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
That’s F ing low even for UR.

edit: I just read their board. I hope they never win a game again and Mooney gets a lifetime contract. Oh and I hope they get blown out forever and everyone quits their position and they can’t get replacements so Mooney has to do every job.
LOL, they're pretty much out of bodies for the next 3 years. Blew what little was left of their wad this year. Time for their trip to the Patriot League.

And with that I'm signing off for a good long while. Enjoy your Spring and Summer my friends. :D

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
This is NOT on the A-10 and there a number of clear explanations, not just mine, already posted, not to mention if COVID-19 had been addressed properly a year ago, we would not be talking about it now.
Bumbled all the way around from the beginning. I knew Americans wouldn’t do what was necessary because “muh rights.”

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Two years in a row our VCU Rams have been ready for tip-off to have their season canceled. I am sad for our guys. This VCU squad was a shining light in a dim year. I thank them for that and I look forward to seeing them in person next year. I plan to give them my best effort as I know they will do for me.

Nov 20, 2009
Evidently, more posters agree with me than you. Get over it! The right decision was made by the A-10 and VCU.
Respectfully, how can you say the right decision was made when it seems that the A10 had little control of the environment in Dayton?

Sunday prime time TV game or not, if you were smart enough to move the rest of the tournament up to provide a buffer before the NCAA, why would you not do the same with the championship game?

I also don’t buy the being able to bus up to Indy bit. They take charters all the time and could have easily done so from Richmond or elsewhere if they were going to be bent on retaining the championship on selection Sunday.

I doubt the hotels in Richmond would have been packed with out of towners and people disrespecting COVID protocols.