The Official Beat the Penn State University Nittany Lions in the Stu - 2022.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Do we hope that UCLA plays UNC so that both Las Vegas and MSG are looking for opponents for Kentucky and Iona, respectively? It's getting a bit late for a juant to Las Vegas.
We turned on a time to re-schedule from Tennessee to South Dakota last.year during the height of the pandemic.

This seems to be an easier feat.

VCU85

Elite Member
The I has been playing their best football in decades the past 2 seasons (particularly the short spring season).

Any d1 state team that wants to come play us I’m good with. We can beat anyone in the state this year.
I'm glad they've been able to string some success together. I doubt your we can beat anyone in the state theme. A team can pull off a big victory now and then, but JMU would probably crush 'em , and VT, and UVA are still much better programs by a good bit.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
We turned on a time to re-schedule from Tennessee to South Dakota last.year during the height of the pandemic.

This seems to be an easier feat.
Yeah, but we're cutting it closer than we were with that situation. It's getting hard to leave for a trip to Vegas on such short notice and be ready to play. A game at MSG might still be doable.

HBK

Elite Member
Just got the email from VCU about the game. The important part is this:

"The Rams will not host a replacement game at the Siegel Center this weekend. Please follow VCU Basketball on twitter for information on any potential road games this weekend."

Sounds as if they've not given up the idea of playing this weekend; it just won't be at The Stu.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Just got the email from VCU about the game. The important part is this:

"The Rams will not host a replacement game at the Siegel Center this weekend. Please follow VCU Basketball on twitter for information on any potential road games this weekend."

Sounds as if they've not given up the idea of playing this weekend; it just won't be at The Stu.

Sounds like travel.

rvaram

Elite Member
I'm glad they've been able to string some success together. I doubt your we can beat anyone in the state theme. A team can pull off a big victory now and then, but JMU would probably crush 'em , and VT, and UVA are still much better programs by a good bit.
You think uva and tech this year are a good bit better than us?

Jmu would crush us? I don’t see it. My point is that no one in the state is particularly good this year. Certainly no better than us.

VCU85

Elite Member
You think uva and tech this year are a good bit better than us?

Jmu would crush us? I don’t see it. My point is that no one in the state is particularly good this year. Certainly no better than us.
Yeah they are a good bit better, and no they're not particularly good, but they have more depth, play a tougher schedule, and are just better programs than VMI. Getting top althetes to commit to VMI is almost an impossibility.

JMU is the best team in the state. They've been perennially ranked in the top 5 for the last several seasons, play for the national championship often, and are ranked in the top 5 in the country right now, and are now moving to a BCS conference. If any team would crush you it would be them. They can score point lots of points. Yes, they would crush VMI badly 99x out of 100.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Yeah they are a good bit better, and no they're not particularly good, but they have more depth, play a tougher schedule, and are just better programs than VMI. Getting top althetes to commit to VMI is almost an impossibility.

JMU is the best team in the state. They've been perennially ranked in the top 5 for the last several seasons, play for the national championship often, and are ranked in the top 5 in the country right now, and are now moving to a BCS conference. If any team would crush you it would be them. They can score point lots of points. Yes, they would crush VMI badly 99x out of 100.
JMU has been one of the best FCS teams in recent years, but they would still have a tough time beating mediocre UVA and VT teams this year. They certainly could pull it off, but they wouldn’t be favored in either game. I’m not sure JMU would beat Liberty either.

rvaram

Elite Member
I'm talking football of course. Right now a case could be made that VCU is one of the best teams in basketball. UVA did lose to JMU which must have been great to see.
Gotcha. Thought you were talking bball

VCU85

Elite Member
JMU has been one of the best FCS teams in recent years, but they would still have a tough time beating mediocre UVA and VT teams this year. They certainly could pull it off, but they wouldn’t be favored in either game. I’m not sure JMU would beat Liberty either.
Tough time just this year or always ? Not sure I'd agree with the current state of VT, and UVA football. JMU is moving up to BCS play for good reason.