The Official Beat The Purdue Boilermakers in the Emerald Coast Classic

Dec 29, 2012
We don’t need to attack anyone. We’ve shown thes breakdowns early, and against good/better teams we don’t have much margin for error. Any team that produces the stat lines we did in this game has a slim chance at victory.

Give Purdue defense credit - they were after it the entire game. Impressive there.

Major disappointment continues to be the loss of just about every loose ball. We used to thrive on those 50/50 balls, and this team doesn’t appear to come up w/it’s fair share. Also disappointed by us giving them so many offensive rebounds, and especially on their missed FT’s. These 2nd and 3rd shots usually hurt, and they did again here. Missed FT’s on our end are always difficult to swallow. But the biggest thing to correct is the TO’s. Every game we’ve demonstrated weak moments or periods or streaks where we make bad offensive decisions that lead to poor defense. Bad shot selection, too much 1 on 1, and the like is a dream come true for other teams.

Gotta get TN now!

HTTRams!

Top Member
Jan 18, 2014
Love, love, love Evans. Fantastic, thoughtful and engaging kid. However at 3am, after a tough loss and a game against Tennessee in 13 hours, why waste time on nonsense like this? I know it’s a generational thing, but dealing with the Twitter dopes seems a waste of time and energy.

Agreed, and I NEVER attacked him. I was only critical because he is our leader and we go, as he goes. That said, he tries to force a lot instead of working the ball around, as that’s what cost us the game.

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
so you antagonized a collegiate athlete who is the star of the team you support, when he responds you post a private message here and think that it will reflect poorly on him?
I think some fans take this stuff WAYYYYY too serious, especially after "a few drinks." Fans who engage directly with players are lame (I don't care if the player make themselves available via social media). I also doubt anyone with "coaching experience" would engage with players like this via social media, unless this type of behavior is why they're no longer coaching. If anything address this with MR. Leave the players alone.

Hops

Top Member
Insider
Jul 14, 2013
I'm glad no one throws shade on twitter after I have a sub-par meeting at work - pretending they could do my job better than me.
That would be a real bush-league thing to do - back stabbing me in public. Heck, I'm trying as hard as I can. Sometimes I'm just off.
I promise, I feel worse about it than they do. I'm thinking about what I need to change. I don't need the distraction of criticism at that moment.
My boss may privately "coach" me, and that helps. From everyone else, I mostly need encouragement (not praise nor condemnation).

Last edited:

HTTRams!

Top Member
Jan 18, 2014
I’m disappointed that our senior point guard stooped to the level of some of the jackleg donkey-holes we have on this message board.

But it is flat out emabarrasing that a random “fan” would go to social media to ask a college athlete if “he is thinskinned.” I can guarantee that this hack would NEVER ask that question to Marcus’s face, or Mr. and Mrs. Evans’ face, or Coach Mike Rhoades face. Marcus battled through two surgeries to wear the black and gold. He ain’t thin skinned. Only a “fan” who has “computer balls” is thin skinned in this case.

I’m right here, I posted those comments. It’s embarrassing that I rhetorically asked if he was thin skinned? Yeah, 👌🏽. I am not. You guys can attack me all you want, that is your right. Have at it.

HTTRams!

Top Member
Jan 18, 2014
I think some fans take this stuff WAYYYYY too serious, especially after "a few drinks." Fans who engage directly with players are lame (I don't care if the player make themselves available via social media). I also doubt anyone with "coaching experience" would engage with players like this via social media, unless this type of behavior is why they're no longer coaching. If anything address this with MR. Leave the players alone.
Yes, a few drinks, not drunk but enough to respond to him attacking fans who are critical and have every right to be. I no longer coach because it didn’t pay well but yes, let’s make it seem that I’m no longer coaching for other reasons. I didn’t directly message him, I responded to his tweet, just like others did. I don’t have to pump sunshine, and I didn’t verbally attack him either.