The Official Beat the Red Flash of Saint Francis of Pennsylvania Thread

Feb 14, 2011
For the life of me I cannot fathom why VCU AD people are constantly going up and down the stairs in the aisle next to section 2. Is the Wizard of Oz at the top of the Stu behind a curtain manipulating them to be monkey soldiers or something? Some of them have headsets, there are bathrooms under the seats, what could they possibly be doing? Up and down, up and down. If MudKat was sitting in section 2 he would have gone postal a long time ago.
I'm on the isle between 3 & 4 and it happens there too, but not as much. For people that will work or are working in the sports business, they are pretty much clueless. I nicely mention quite often to wait for a dead ball. When these "AD kids" decide to talk with corporate donors they know, during the game, the niceness goes away.

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
You would also think if they brought the broadcast rights they would have some involvement to at least make sure it's a quality presentation.
I responded as much to them last year--no reply from them after that. Since they show it, everyone will blame them for a crappy broadcast, but they didn't seem to care.

Feb 14, 2011
My son at USC - Noticed at few football games... Student section PACKED - But by halftime - Half have gone..... Not sure if it's a generational thing but I've noticed -
This has pretty much become to norm in college sports, especially football. The students, even in close games don't have the attention span to last thru a 3 hour football game especially when the Wifi isn't good in the stadium. Even basketball games I notice the students clearing out early. For the most part we are fortunate. Generally VCU students stay the course.

Reactions: RamBo
May 4, 2012
I just don't understand how you don't have ever seat in their filled for a home opener in a small-ish venue for a top-25 team. Something just doesn't make sense there. We had pre Final 4 teams draw better for exhibition games (and that was when there were more seats in the corners and not those corporate suites).
corporate buyers dont really care about any of that.
if its "a Saxon Shoes sellout then yes, they are making it a technical one.
cupcake teams will always be a tough sell as are holiday games with the student body gone home.

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
He has a slight ankle sprain. He could be good to go for Friday or they may just rest him. But, basically he's ok.
That's what my friends next to me were suspecting... based on how it occurred, and also how the trainers were treating him on the sideline. My friends play soccer so they are use to ankle sprains & how to treat them, and that's what they thought based on everything they saw.

Glad to hear it's nothing more serious & that he's alright. Hate seeing someone get hurt... especially during their senior year.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
That's good news. VCU, NCAA, whoever needs to back up the fans/press off the court. Maybe it's my imagination but it seems to get worse every year with people sitting, cameras laying on the court, people sprawled on chairs. Players are getting hurt by trying to not hurt spectators.
Just mash em if they're not paying attention the NBA way I say.

vcu70

Top Member
Apr 5, 2009
I believe Saxon shoes has a deal with VCU to keep the sellout streak alive. No other explanation is reasonable.
wonder what they pay for those tickets? 50 cents? Got too greedy too quick. Ran off the common folk for sure.

Reactions: JDPolio