The Official beat the SBU Bunnies in The Animal

PhantomRam

Top Member
Apr 30, 2009
Vince Williams only took two shots last night, which he missed, and both were three point attempts. WHY????????????????????? He is now 4-19 from three point range for the season. Talk about lack of discipline! No way Williams should even be attempting a three point shot.
It's about the only place open for him to shoot. The lane is so clogged against us the driving the lane is not possible, hence the number of blocks, strips, turnovers, missed shots and lack of offensive rebounds when we do. We need some big's that are a threat outside of 3 feet and better spacing on the floor. Until then, our players that are not proficient outside of 15-20 feet will struggle. Simply nothing there for them to get.

Reactions: I4one and mrgeode

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Mar 22, 2013
It's about the only place open for him to shoot. The lane is so clogged against us the driving the lane is not possible, hence the number of blocks, strips, turnovers, missed shots and lack of offensive rebounds when we do. We need some big's that are a threat outside of 3 feet and better spacing on the floor. Until then, our players that are not proficient outside of 15-20 feet will struggle. Simply nothing there for them to get.
Which is why we press. Intended to lead to easy transition points.

Reactions: Ramdog

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Food for thought from the BonaBoard

poster:Marcus Pooooooooosley
"VCU is a good team but they aren’t a whole lot better than they were last year. If they don’t slip up they’ll be in the 9-11 seed range of the dance. They play tremendous d especially out of the trap, as per usual, but in half court sets they’re pedestrian at best offensively. They can’t shoot. A good defending team with the ability to keep cool under the pressure and get hot (see: Rhode Island) can take them out.

Dayton as mentioned above is next level good. They remind me a lot of the 2016 Dayton team who was tearing through everyone until they stumbled a bit toward the end.

The A10 is improved this year, but the 2106 A10 was one of the deeper of the decade. Unlike that year it’s hard to imagine this Dayton team stumbling. It’s a long year, sure, but it’s hard to imagine Dayton losing more than 2 the rest of the regular season"

seems about right....again, Just Win......Top 4 finish.....Thunderdome Time at Barclays.

It CAN be done

I was @ Olean 3 or 4 years ago for the Dougie Brooks 0.3 JeQuan Lewis Miracle.....I was all set to walk out quietly and inconspicuously until IT happened. Sounds trite, sounds like a cliche'......But aint one of us gonna have ANY impact on how our guys play and compete going forward. Can't speak for anyone else but me, but I'm gonna try like heck to enjoy the ride.

Love Our Rams!!!

May 4, 2012
Vince Williams only took two shots last night, which he missed, and both were three point attempts. WHY????????????????????? He is now 4-19 from three point range for the season. Talk about lack of discipline! No way Williams should even be attempting a three point shot.
Id like him in at the 4 high post for slashing to the rim or feeding MSS when they double to stop him. Definately want him taking 2pters. Too many guards on the floor for us.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
That should not give Williams the green light to shot from three point range. He's 4-19 from three point range this season. The last few games, he seems to have lost his ability to drive to the basket and draw the foul. I would rather see him not shoot the three and pass the ball to someone else on the perimeter. The three point shot is just not his game.

Reactions: Celticguy

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Mar 22, 2013
That should not give Williams the green light to shot from three point range. He's 4-19 from three point range this season. The last few games, he seems to have lost his ability to drive to the basket and draw the foul. I would rather see him not shoot the three and pass the ball to someone else on the perimeter. The three point shot is just not his game.
He had at least two drives ending in free throws against URI and about the number that could've been called fouls. Refs let both teams be very physical on the interior the game. All the more frustrating they didn't on the perimeter. Some of that is the way the game gets called now, so of it is little guy bias.

May 4, 2012
Luckily they only have one big so that helps. Still need a better 4 fir rebounding and not allowing them to easily double up MSS.

VAHills

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2013
Was just looking up at the schedule I've got hanging up in my cube. We've got to go 5-0 this last half of January, with 3 of those games on the road. We've got to get this win at home, it's likely the easier of the 2.

Scuffy McGee

Top Member
Jan 23, 2010
I will be there Saturday like I have been most of this season at the Stu. I will keep the faith. The team needs us loud and proud Saturday.

Let’s Go VCU!

Reactions: RamStrut

mrA10

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
There are much worse "bad loss" opportunities than this. The season isn't over if we lose, but I don't expect that we'll lose.
I'd say this would be a really bad loss. Besides the obvious Q3 loss category, We would be 2-3 in the A10 with two losses at home where we were favored by 8+. This isn't a MUST win, but it is a very very very very much NEED to win game.