The Official beat the SBU Bunnies in The Animal

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I hope we come out ready to play. The Bonnies will not be pushovers.
I remember last year at Bona VCU was able to run the break and run them into the ground. These days the team will get a 3 on 2 or a 5 on 4 break and find a way to dribble it off their leg or make a bad pass. The fast breaks have been minimal and hard to watch when they get them. Hopefully, they find a way to get up and go and have some fun on Saturday.

Nov 10, 2012
I remember last year at Bona VCU was able to run the break and run them into the ground. These days the team will get a 3 on 2 or a 5 on 4 break and find a way to dribble it off their leg or make a bad pass. The fast breaks have been minimal and hard to watch when they get them. Hopefully, they find a way to get up and go and have some fun on Saturday.
It's kind of sad really that a team of juniors and seniors struggle to run fast breaks. That's usually something you do in warm-up drills.

Dec 2, 2012
First, i find you lack of faith the the Tressi Bop disturbing.
Second VCU has gotten much better at hitting the "leak out" person who gets back ahead of the defense.
That's an improvement in the fast break.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
First, i find you lack of faith the the Tressi Bop disturbing.
Second VCU has gotten much better at hitting the "leak out" person who gets back ahead of the defense.
That's an improvement in the fast break.
The fast break has been sporadic. I can also do without some boneheaded things like the jab step travels, handing the ball to the other team and having a toe on the line when shooting a three because they are not prepared to shoot. It seems like the team gives away 20 points a game but that kind of explains scoring 55 the the last two games. Gotta have their heads in the game.

Mar 1, 2015
I don’t understand it. Didn’t understand last year. It should be a (the) focus of the offense based on who we have. DJ and Vann are suited for it. Second team runs it pretty good. When DJ plays with Bones he looks like he’s with the showtime Lakers. Nearly non existent with Evans. Is Silva not getting it out quick enough? With their shooting and half court issues, this should be how they generate points.

Reactions: Newboy and mrgeode

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I don’t understand it. Didn’t understand last year. It should be a (the) focus of the offense based on who we have. DJ and Vann are suited for it. Second team runs it pretty good. When DJ plays with Bones he looks like he’s with the showtime Lakers. Nearly non existent with Evans. Is Silva not getting it out quick enough? With their shooting and half court issues, this should be how they generate points.
Yep. The Rams need to be running. At least more than they are now.

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017
Haven’t been able to watch the last couple of games but regarding getting the ball out quick enough. Seems I’ve seen the paint area so packed what with MSS being double teamed etc. if we do get the rebound we have to fight for it a bit longer whether MSS or someone else gets the ball. gives a defender that much more time to get back and cover (assuming we have an outlet guy ready in the first place). To me that cuts into the limited number of chances you get per game. Add in a shiatty pass or two, a misplaced dribble or lob and your fast break points are gone.

/armchair fan who scored one basket in organized, coached b-ball 😑

Dec 2, 2012
Anyone think the armed yahoos filling up downtown prior to the Lobby Day/Armed riot will impact the game?