The Official beat the Shockers of Wichita State University Thread

LQuarles

Elite Member
Insider
We have not been embarrassed in any of our losses
The final scores may not be embarrassing, but the overall performances over the course of those 40 minutes were. 44 turnovers in our three losses. Regardless of our shooting, imagine how good we could look if we simply take care of the ball.

Newboy

Elite Member
We start 4 seniors and a junior. We should be better. If not, move on to the young hungry guns. All this Wichita State is top 10 and elite 8 crap is just.......crap. To be a good team, you need to beat the good teams. At least every now and then.

Would be controversial to some on here, but I agree.
Because our front line(except Santa-Silva) and even our guards and wings aren’t as physically strong as the better teams, we have to create turnovers, which you’re just not always going to do against good teams, and/or shoot well. They were much stronger than we were and that equates to tougher as well because they were. When we have to hang our hat on whether we shoot well, we’re in trouble. We do not shoot that well, especially on the road and especially against good teams. That’s why Bones needs to be in the lineup and probably with Marcus. The guys played hard but this team needs to somehow be more physical. Not sure they can do that. We’ll see.

RamBamBiggalow

Elite Member
Our ooc is home heavy this year. We really needed 1 of Tenn/Purdue/WSU.

I know was fun to beat Wade, but scraping by a middling SEC team who was just under investigation on our floor is not enough for an at large.

Were gonna take a bad loss or two in conference this year. Even splitting with Dayton is gonna put us near the bubble IMO.

We are gonna have to crush conference and make a run in the tourney. A kinda good in conference record wont cut it IMO.

Newboy

Elite Member
We would have lost to half of the teams in the A10 the way we played today. Heck, FUR would have killed us.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Insider
Top 10? Are they?

yes. absolutely. there is no dominant p5 team in college basketball this year. I watched the shockers play alot last season in aac play and their important games this year.

they dismantled South Carolina, Oklahoma st and vcu. they beat Oklahoma. the only decisive loss was west virginia.

Scuffy McGee

Elite Member
I still think we can go 23-8, 13-5 and win a game or two in the A10 Tournament at worst. Given the strength of the league this year along with a win over a P5 school and our reputation, that’s enough to get into the NCAAT.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Insider
I still think we can go 23-8, 13-5 and win a game or two in the A10 Tournament at worst. Given the strength of the league this year along with a win over a P5 school and our reputation, that’s enough to get into the NCAAT.

we will be make.the dance, we just met a much bette team today. better than dayton.

Ramcounter

Elite Member
We are now 1-3 against teams that are not total crap
I don’t think that is a fair way to look at it. Location matters. As things stand now. In Q2 games VCU is 2-0. In Q1 games VCU is 0-3 with 2 of those games going down to the wire.