The Official beat the Shockers of Wichita State University Thread

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I went over to their message board. Ha! Reading some of the fans on defense is pretty funny. I guess they think punching a player, punching a guy who was in his reserved parking spot and choking an assistant is made up. Some chalk it up to being a tough coach and the pansies need to get over it. This did not surprise me though. When I went to read some comments I fully expected to read some of that.

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
I went over to their message board. Ha! Reading some of the fans on defense is pretty funny. I guess they think punching a player, punching a guy who was in his reserved parking spot and choking an assistant is made up. Some chalk it up to being a tough coach and the pansies need to get over it. This did not surprise me though. When I went to read some comments I fully expected to read some of that.

Same here....that board is full of nut jobs, we seem like Sesame Street to that crowd. Fair amount of thinly veiled racism, unveiled misogyny, heaping helpings of "we were tougher back in my day" and "these snowflakes aren't tough enough", a random Ivanka Trump comment, and, basically, the 7 stages of grief.....

Thank the dear sweet fluffy lord I'm a VCU Ram Fan

Apr 20, 2009
One would have never thought of me as a fan of Gregg before any of this came out. For that reason, I don't even need to read the article. That being said, my focus is inward and what needs to be done towards getting us out of the bottom half of the A10.

RESRam

Insider
Apr 21, 2009

I have a particular disdain for Gregg Marshall as a coach and as a person even before these allegations came out.....this is most definitely not a good look for WSU and their program. Explains a lot about the current state of SHocker bball. The days of Bobby Knight style a$$hole coaches is (or should be) over.
Unfortunately, it sounds reminiscent of stories we had here regarding JD. Loved his winning. Didn’t care for how he treated his players. Remember reading Calvin and Rolando’s comments about their 4 year experience and why they shaved their heads in the NCCA Tournament game against Tennessee.

Reactions: rammad90

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012

Same here....that board is full of nut jobs, we seem like Sesame Street to that crowd. Fair amount of thinly veiled racism, unveiled misogyny, heaping helpings of "we were tougher back in my day" and "these snowflakes aren't tough enough", a random Ivanka Trump comment, and, basically, the 7 stages of grief.....

Thank the dear sweet fluffy lord I'm a VCU Ram Fan
Marhsall put out a statement. My guess is that he will survive this PR hit and keep collecting his $.

• Angry
Reactions: SpiderRAM
May 5, 2009
Unfortunately, it sounds reminiscent of stories we had here regarding JD. Loved his winning. Didn’t care for how he treated his players. Remember reading Calvin and Rolando’s comments about their 4 year experience and why they shaved their heads in the NCCA Tournament game against Tennessee.
Alabama.

May 5, 2009
Thx Mike. Another instructive directive from from one of my favorite professors.
Thanks Bobby. It was a long time ago. I will add that I have had a lot of basketball players that have taken me for classes. Some of them, Alvin Robinson, Tim Binns, Martin Henlin, Greg Ringo, Monte Knight, Phil Stinnie, Keith Highsmith. Many others that I cannot recall.

Last edited:

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016

Same here....that board is full of nut jobs, we seem like Sesame Street to that crowd.
Oooooh...... I wanna be the Count.......

• Haha
Reactions: Half-baked Mcbride

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
JD was a lunatic and unpopular with players because of it, but I don't recall any allegations about the kinds of conduct at issue here. Factually distinguishable from what I have heard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolfpack Ram