The Official beat the Shockers of Wichita State University Thread

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Marhsall put out a statement. My guess is that he will survive this PR hit and keep collecting his $.
His statement did not dispute any of the specific incidents being alleged. I think there is zero chance he just keeps trucking along at WSU. Maybe he takes a leave and "gets help" with anger management and comes back next year. But several assaults and racial insults? Not just going to say "the past is the past" on this one I don't think.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
JD was a lunatic and unpopular with players because of it, but I don't recall any allegations about the kids of conduct at issue here. Factually distinguishable from what I have heard.
JD's style of coaching also happened 35 years ago. Times are much different today than they were in the 1980's. Wichita State has to decide if they want to be like LSU, or do what most respectable universities would do - address the problem directly. Gregg Marshall is not a young Will Wade. He has operated this way for years, and he's not going to change at the drop of a hat.

Reactions: Half-baked Mcbride
Mar 2, 2014
JD's style of coaching also happened 35 years ago. Times are much different today than they were in the 1980's. Wichita State has to decide if they want to be like LSU, or do what most respectable universities would do - address the problem directly. Gregg Marshall is not a young Will Wade. He has operated this way for years, and he's not going to change at the drop of a hat.
Only LSU?

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
As long as you win, someone will hire you and put you right back out there to do the exact same thing.

Reactions: Newboy

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Top Member
Mar 27, 2009
At least its not a matter of P5 privilege. That's a step in the right direction I think. ##SCREWSHOCKERS

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Apparently Gregg Marshall used to call his Winthrop players “gashes”. Who uses that slang term? 🤦‍♂️ Sounds like a misogynistic bully. He should be fired just for using gross descriptive terms.

Reactions: Half-baked Mcbride

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Apparently Gregg Marshall used to call his Winthrop players “gashes”. Who uses that slang term? 🤦‍♂️ Sounds like a misogynistic bully. He should be fired just for using gross descriptive terms.
Gregg Marshall is a loathsome turd of a person
His wife, Lynn Marshall is an entitled piece of sh#t as well
I look forward to them gaining irrelevancy, America will be better for it.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Gregg Marshall is a loathsome turd of a person
His wife, Lynn Marshall is an entitled piece of sh#t as well
I look forward to them gaining irrelevancy, America will be better for it.
I still do not think he will get the axe. No matter how loathsome he is the one thing that will keep him there is the winning. He gets recruits and gets results so they will probably tell him to tone it down. He is a wild man so that should be interesting to see him try to stay under control. Ha!

Rammit

Top Member
Apr 9, 2015
I still do not think he will get the axe. No matter how loathsome he is the one thing that will keep him there is the winning. He gets recruits and gets results so they will probably tell him to tone it down. He is a wild man so that should be interesting to see him try to stay under control. Ha!
At first, I thought you were talking about the previous VCU coach.

Reactions: AlienAiden