The Official Beat the St. Bonaventure Bonnies in Olean Thread

VCU Heel

Elite Member
IMHO, I don’t think fatigue in the way most think about it is as much of a factor as most people believe it to be. How many hours each day do you think a D1 basketball player spends playing? Where fatigue most notably shows up is in the mental part, the decision making.

The Bonnie’s are a senior laden team and as such a lot of what they do is muscle memory so mental fatigue is even less apparent.

While I fully expect us to win, I doubt it will be because we made them tired
Legs on perimeter shots definitely become an issue after playing 35+ intense minutes.

Dalai Rama

Elite Member
Thanks for the update! I used to be an ardent, over zealous follower of the team. Still love 'em , of course. I used to set myself up too much toward their success. I guess when you get up in years you become mello yellow (like Donovan?)! Should be a good one 2night. GO RAMS!!
You must be old to use the Donovan reference. Me too!

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
It’s amazing what can happen when a team gets their starting point guard back.

Now imagine if we had Watkins (who I humbly believe would have been our best player).
Good come from behind win by the Ramblers the other day. I thought the Lutherans had 'em, but in the end they only had 74 theses and the Jesuits had 81.

BradRamFan

Elite Member
I still think @Mercury had the right of it.

It's Ace's natural human response to actually existing in Olean NY in January....I'm sure the original Tweet was "Abandon Hope, All ye Who Enter Here" but instead, but to Ace's credit he remembered what Shakespeare said via Polonious, that brevity is the soul of wit and so he simply gave us S M H
Ok, never thought I would see/hear Ace, Olean, Shakespeare and Polonious all in the same sentence.

Gopher+RamFan

Elite Member
I guess it's what you get acclimated to. Almost like living in Minot, N. Dak or International Falls, Minn. BTW... GO RAMS!!
My mom grew up a few miles down the road from International Falls, on the Iron Range in Northern Minnesota. I've been in -20 (actual degrees, not windchill) up there. You get used to it, but it's rough just visiting for a few days.

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
Legs on perimeter shots definitely become an issue after playing 35+ intense minutes.
Fair point. Here is a serious question and again I agree with you about tired legs but how many times have we said that our "Havoc" fast pace deep bench was going to make another team tired versus the number of times it has actually happened that another team was just more physically tired than us? I can't think of a single one off the top of my head but that does't mean much ;)

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
Fair point. Here is a serious question and again I agree with you about tired legs but how many times have we said that our "Havoc" fast pace deep bench was going to make another team tired versus the number of times it has actually happened that another team was just more physically tired than us? I can't think of a single one off the top of my head but that does't mean much ;)

When Shaka was at VCU, you could almost bank on the opposing team hitting the brick wall at the 10 minute mark of the second half. Even if they could stay fairly close with VCU for the first 30 minutes, the last 10 minutes were different. Shaka's teams knew how to put away opponents in that last 10 minutes when they were gassed.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Getting more snow today in Laramie. Olean is child’s play….
I just had a completely random reaction to the thought of Laramie Wyoming

Dennis Weaver in McCloud

The problem is McCloud was from.new mexico...not wyoming...

Ramlove81

Elite Member
Truer words have never been said.

For a kid that's played D1 ball for four years, every time he sets a pick or even puts the ball on the floor at the low block, my heart drops...Would love to see his shooting stats for when he puts the ball on the floor v. when he just goes up with it.

Hopefully the Rams players bought their parkas on this trip. Temperature should be around 15 F for tip, but windchills will have it down to -20F!

California dreamin...On such a winter's day!
And get out of town quickly, looks like snow is coming measured in feet on Sunday.