The Official Beat the St. Bonaventure Bonnies in Olean Thread

Love2Ram

Elite Member
Insider
It's pretty amazing that you can't see that you quite literally said that getting beat down in the A10 is disqualifying for BE membership, yet when I point out Xavier's lackluster performance, you respond with, but it's Xavier. Like, do you think Logic means a rapper? I mean, feel free to elaborate why you think our situation is different.
Xavier lost one or two home conference games the entire time they were in the A10. I know that only because we were one of the teams to beat them on their floor but we can't hold a candle next to their accomplishments.

19? Maybe not but they played tougher. They went to the basket and didn’t settle for random threes half the game. They also made their shots. This wasn’t the Dayton game. They outplayed us. Completely. Blaming the refs when our players were missing 4 footers and lay ups all game is ridiculous.
It's amazing how you can continue to defend and attack when. You don't have 3 or fouls on you.

golframfan

Elite Member
OK can anyone just answer my question ??????? Who was the last VCU coach to go 5 years without a ncaa tourney win???
A few things 1) 2020/2021 was his best shot and we could have maybe done some damage. Fuk covid 2) 2018/2019 we should have won tough loss, but what he did to get there was pretty incredible 3) 2017/2018 not his team. 4) you can have 2019/2020, even tho I still saw development in those years. Bones leaving hurts a program like ours. He’s the Fukin man, so no harm done and I’m so proud, but blaming mike for not having ncaa wins is stupid. Looking forward to the future. The team will get there and there is a ton of promise on the floor now.

Twain

Elite Member
If I'm Rhoades/Ed, I'd be submitting this for review with the A10 and NCAA. I'd pull the over the back, the leg kicks by Lofton called on VCU, etc. These refs should not be rewarded for this performance.
Violet, you realized we got our a** kicked, right?

The refs did set the tone out the gate. We still played terribly.
As if we haven’t done this to teams. In the CAA and early A10 days we absolutely manhandled teams especially at home. How many teams complained about us just tackling them on presses? We made our entire name on physicality. I find it ironic fans complain when we won countless games and titles just mauling teams and causing turnovers as result.

Gopher+RamFan

Elite Member
May need to start tightening up our lineups and cutting some minutes… go Rams
Yeah we have to. They sagged off Curry so much on defense leaving him open on 3 pointers, allowed them to clog up the lane. Hard to score inside when Ossuniyi is there with a help defender. 2nd half Tsohonis got in and opened the lane somewhat, Levi got in and was double teamed while sometimes passing it back out for open shots.

Well maybe its just me but its seems like other coaches lifted our program to new levels including beating Duke in the tourney, winning the CBI tourny, going to the final 4 and beating USC, Georgetown, Florida State, Purdue, Kansas (#1 team in the nation). Oh by the way he makes more than all of these coaches and has done nothing!!!!!!

Violet, you realized we got our a** kicked, right?
I do. I also recignize it's hard to win when your opponent shoots 19 more FTs. You do understand that, right? If you do, the next question to ask is do you think VCU fouled that much more than the Bonnies?

Love2Ram

Elite Member
Insider
I was so high on Ward but since the Bahamas I am beginning to feel like DeLoach is quickly becoming our best big. To me it feels like his fundamentals and instincts are beginning to surpass his teammates.

HTTRams!

Elite Member
Well maybe its just me but its seems like other coaches lifted our program to new levels including beating Duke in the tourney, winning the CBI tourny, going to the final 4 and beating USC, Georgetown, Florida State, Purdue, Kansas (#1 team in the nation). Oh by the way he makes more than all of these coaches and has done nothing!!!!!!
1642216971651.gif

It's amazing how you can continue to defend and attack when. You don't have 3 or fouls on you.
Are you new here? We literally became nationally known for mauling teams to death. Complaining about refs not calling fouls because the other team was being physical is laughable. We got beat straight up. But here you are talking about saying send the tape for review and such. Like what? We never looked good in this game. It was amazing we were down 1 at one point when our shooting was atrocious.

CrozetRam

Elite Member
I was so high on Ward but since the Bahamas I am beginning to feel like DeLoach is quickly becoming our best big. To me it feels like his fundamentals and instincts are beginning to surpass his teammates.
Dude, we started on opposite poles regarding curry but I’m right there with you on DeLoach.

The refs did set the tone out the gate. We still played terribly.
Id agree with this. It was our best game, and the refs sucked. If either of those were inverted, we may have won.

And feel free to say I'm crying. There were more than a handful of terrible calls that went against VCU tonight. I really cant recall any gripes the Bonnies could have with tonight's officiating.