The Official Beat the St. Bonaventure Bonnies in Olean Thread

Love2Ram

Elite Member
Insider
OK can anyone just answer my question ??????? Who was the last VCU coach to go 5 years without a ncaa tourney win???
Who was the last coach at VCU to become the 3rd at the helm in as many years? Like most things in life context matters.

Are you new here? We literally became nationally known for mauling teams to death. Complaining about refs not calling fouls because the other team was being physical is laughable. We got beat straight up. But here you are talking about saying send the tape for review and such. Like what? We never looked good in this game. It was amazing we were down 1 at one point when our shooting was atrocious.
How does your response reply to my post at all? VCU plays physical D. Yes. Does that mean we should be okay with lopsided calls?

Ward?
what in the world is going on
I don’t know. He plays like basketball is a hobby for him. He seems slow to react and doesn’t position himself well on defense…unless he’s trying to challenge the 3 pt. shooter… I remember last year, he was actually decent guarding on the perimeter. Combine this regression, disinterest or whatever it is, with no development in his game offensively, and he’s become a liability out there. A far cry from the NBA draft board.

LQuarles

Elite Member
Insider
As if we haven’t done this to teams. In the CAA and early A10 days we absolutely manhandled teams especially at home. How many teams complained about us just tackling them on presses? We made our entire name on physicality. I find it ironic fans complain when we won countless games and titles just mauling teams and causing turnovers as result.
Those past seasons have nothing to do with today. We were NOT mauling them today. Yet we got called for barely touching them as if we were mauling them. The Bonnies hardly got called for anything and they hacked us all night.

You think we deserve karma for past seasons?

REALLY?

Xavier lost one or two home conference games the entire time they were in the A10. I know that only because we were one of the teams to beat them on their floor but we can't hold a candle next to their accomplishments.
They lost one or two home conference games a year. We're pretty much even. Before someone gets mad and says "how about tonight*, note this game was in Olean, in case you're just going by the box score.

Those past seasons have nothing to do with today. We were NOT mauling them today. Yet we got called for barely touching them as if we were mauling them. The Bonnies hardly got called for anything and they hacked us all night.

You think we deserve karma for past seasons?

REALLY?
It's not even karma. While I prefer less calls in general, Im okay if the refs call a tight game both ways. Tonight, one team got called with touch fouls all game, while the other got away with banging away.

LQuarles

Elite Member
Insider
The other 67 coaches in last years tournament. Facts!!!!!!!!
So you wouldn't have had the team play in the A10 championship game last season in Dayton or stay in that Dayton hotel?

Wow. This thread has gone downhill. Shouldn’t be surprised by this loss. You had an older, veteran team take a less experienced team to the woodshed. Im more so disappointed that our defense looked it’s worse in awhile. Hopefully this was wake up call to Ward because just hasn’t looked good against quality competition