The Official Beat the Temple Owls in Philly Thread

SpiderRAM

Elite Member
Insider
If things don’t improve my guess is MR will be forced to change some of his personnel as a first step. Then given a year or 2 and if things still don’t improve VCU will go to the well and get an “up and comer” (or maybe give Frank a second chance at a much reduced salary) which will signal a new start for the program
Frank is a definite no for me.

I thought MR was a risky (and lazy) hire 6 years ago. I think he lowers the ceiling for the program. Aside from decreased success, the quality of play and entertainment value decreased. Not a fan.

But what about losing a road game to the 5th winningest program in NCAA history with a possible lotto pick struck a such a nerve? Had way worse losses, and have looked way worse. Honestly, they looked better yesterday than in any of the wins so far.

BradRamFan

Elite Member
If JC had chosen to stay he probably would have had a long career here. So, probably no AG or SS and no final 4.
So, why is changing coaches a necessarily a bad thing? The last two coaches have come of the Shaka tree. What we need to do is find another Shaka or even AG for that matter.
Because for every Shaka or AG there are probably 10 Dean Keeners +10 Pat Kennedys + 15 Chris Moonys. As a mid-major, we are always 1 coach away from being a Towson or UNCW.

Because for every Shaka or AG there are probably 10 Dean Keeners +10 Pat Kennedys + 15 Chris Moonys. As a mid-major, we are always 1 coach away from being a Towson or UNCW.

We’re a high mid major. We’re not even close to the same breath as Towson. We have basketball facilities that are better than certain P5 schools. One can not convince me that we can’t go out and find a good coach if we needed to. If Ed doesn’t have the ability then hire a scouting/ consulting firm.

vcumad

Elite Member
Insider
It doesn't matter. We will just do the same thing with a new batch of players next year, because at least half of the roster will be gone after this year.
Other than the 2 graduating seniors, please list the others that will be gone.