The Official Beat The Tennessee Volunteers in the Emerald Coast Classic

Nov 19, 2019
Don't know the best place to post this but after we sell all season tickets, why don't we sell the remainder at 50 cents on the dollar to ticket resale sites and be "sold out" games forever?

Last edited:

VRam

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
So, just what 4 A10 teams are better than Purdue and Tennessee? I can think of two maybe as good. Four better? No. And remember we ran WSU off the court last year with almost the same guys we have this year. Will they be tougher on their home court, probably, but still quite beatable. The sky is indeed not falling.
The four that are ranked in the Top 20, just ahead of #21 Tennessee.

Reactions: mrgeode

VRam

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
I personally am not saying "I want it right now, and don't want to wait". And this frustration isn't just from this last weekend's showing. VCU is 8-15 in early season tournaments over the last 9 years. For many of us, this frustration has been building from year to year as the results never seem to change. It's turning into an annual early season beat down just so everyone can brag about VCU's OOC strength of schedule when we are hoping and praying for an at-large bid in March.
Early season beat downs? Last year we beat Temple and then lost by 1 to St. John's (with some very questionable calls against us in the process). We then won at Texas, took UVA to the wire and thumped Wichita State. This season we beat a ranked LSU team, lost to Purdue by 3 and lost to a ranked Tennessee team on contested 3 at the buzzer that was almost taken from the bench.

What beat downs are you talking about?

Reactions: mrgeode

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Improvements are slow. Yes, a majority of the visible improvements following the Final Four run were in the form of program improvements that didn't immediately impact the win/loss column. But there have been improvements. The following trend shows season total FG% and Opp FG% (including most recent data for this season). Opp FG% is trending down, while our FG% is trending up. Although the trends may seem weak, keep in mind we joined a new conference, had 2 head coaching changes, and lost at least one recruiting class.

View attachment 7791
Which goes to my point that the basketball program has maintained it's level of success since 2011 more than it has shown improvement.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
What on Earth does Shaka Smart's second to last season at VCU have to do with the price of eggs in China?

May 4, 2012
Don't know the best place to post this but after we sell all season tickets, why don't we sell the remainder at 50 cents on the dollar to ticket resale sites and be "sold out" games forever?
Why throw the revenue from the seats that do sell away ?

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Its disappointing only if you Expected to win. I didnt think we would but it went better than expected so im good with it.
The season is going pretty much as i expected. I think a little too much was expected and the top 25 certainly fed that. Hopefully now we can get to work on the rough spots and set ourselves up for another run at the conference.
Clueless as always

We played like dogcrap and could have won either game. Better than expected? You act like we had no chance...

and offering up predictions after the fact is weak sauce at best. I would say you are better than that but that wouldn’t be sincere.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Early season beat downs? Last year we beat Temple and then lost by 1 to St. John's (with some very questionable calls against us in the process). We then won at Texas, took UVA to the wire and thumped Wichita State. This season we beat a ranked LSU team, lost to Purdue by 3 and lost to a ranked Tennessee team on contested 3 at the buzzer that was almost taken from the bench.

What beat downs are you talking about?
Agree except for the Tennessee recap... it was uncontested 3 from their best player from the short corner. Barnes drew up a good one.