The Official Beat The Tennessee Volunteers in the Emerald Coast Classic

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
I wasn't going by the score, I was going by eye test and game stats, and a banged up Evans does not excuse them:

31% FG shooting
23% 3 pt shooting, 19 straight missed 3s
No FGs for over 10 minutes
6 assists
Allowed 49% FG shooting
Allowed 63% 3 pt shooting

Please tell me who had a worse performance than we did in any round. We looked like we didn't belong in the Dance and it wasn't close.
1) And In spite of all your stats and our best player being way less than 100%, we go on a 25-11 run, reduce the lead to only 7 with less than 5 minutes left in the game causing UCF to call a timeout. Then on the next possession the refs missed an obvious offensive goaltending call by UCF (verified via replay) and Vince Williams followed that by hitting a free throw that would've made it a two possession game at 4:06, but we looked like we didn't belong and had the worse performance in the tournament?

2) Of course, the ole Hubert Davis "eye test" criteria. If you are going to tell me you watched every NCAA tournament game so you were able to apply this same "eye test" criteria to all of the games played I'm calling B.S. So let me get your "score doesn't matter" logic straight, we're down 7 with less than 5 minutes to go, Ole Miss was down 29 points at 5:50, but our performance was worse based on your "eye test?" GTFOH!

3) Even with a healthy Evans, UCF was ultimately a bad match up for us. We literally had no answer for their 7-6 center (13 pts, 18 rebs, 5 blocks). Considering both teams were considered relatively equal (8 vs 9 seed), the fact that you think having our best player significantly diminished shouldn't have any affect on our performance in an NCAA game (where only the top seeds get to potentially play a bum team in the opening round) is an indication that there's no reason to continue this ridiculous conversation with you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Burr21
Mar 2, 2014
Well for one—the act itself need not take all day, maybe squire away a few hours a week or even just a few minutes if you are really in need of therapy. If you are doing things right and have good time management skills, you’ll find you can accommodate other hobbies and be successful at work. Key thing is to find a willing partner and open yourself to happiness—let the anxieties of the things that weigh you down go. It’s never a good ideal to obsess over other’s shortcomings—definite mood killer. Beyond that though, it’s a pretty natural thing, I’m sure even you couldn’t screw it up.
I honestly think he could screw it up. He would find a way to ruin it.

Reactions: PRock

Newgate Prison

Top Member
Aug 1, 2012
On the Sell Out debate, what I did not read from anyone is how the student tickets play a part in this. They are allotted a set number which is paid for from Student Affairs funds. The students rarely use them all, so AD sells off a projected number for each game. These are GA seats. What they don’t sell to public is considered already sold to students

As for the other seats empty, some sit in GA seats and most are no shows.

During Christmas break most of the expected unsold tickets are given to charities, which my youth program has been a beneficiary of in the past. The remaining seats are prepaid student tickets.

Maybe SAXON just jumps in when they hear of the few times there are only a handful of tickets left.

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
1) And In spite of all your stats and our best player being way less than 100%, we go on a 25-11 run, reduce the lead to only 7 with less than 5 minutes left in the game causing UCF to call a timeout. Then on the next possession the refs missed an obvious offensive goaltending call by UCF (verified via replay) and Vince Williams followed that by hitting a free throw that would've made it a two possession game at 4:06, but we looked like we didn't belong and had the worse performance in the tournament?
So that excuses us for looking terrible most of the game? How about we not put ourselves in that hole to have to fight back to begin with? If we played halfway smart for half the game, we win comfortably (just like against Purdue). UCF was not that much responsible for our bad play.
2) Of course, the ole Hubert Davis "eye test" criteria. If you are going to tell me you watched every NCAA tournament game so you were able to apply this same "eye test" criteria to all of the games played I'm calling B.S. So let me get your "score doesn't matter" logic straight, we're down 7 with less than 5 minutes to go, Ole Miss was down 29 points at 5:50, but our performance was worse based on your "eye test?" GTFOH!
Miss still shot better, had 16 assists, played better offensively overall, and they were a worse team than us with or without Evans. Did they go 10 minutes with no points?
3) Even with a healthy Evans, UCF was ultimately a bad match up for us. We literally had no answer for their 7-6 center (13 pts, 18 rebs, 5 blocks).
I was waiting for the Fall excuse, and there it is. Memphis clearly had no issues while blowing them out the very week before. Temple (which we beat) had no issues the week before that. Wichita (which we beat) had no issues while blowing them out, even without their player who got hurt against us. There was more than enough blueprint on how to play around Fall, we did the opposite of what everyone else did. Are you saying we were completely incapable of working around him? We really, literally had NO answer? Really? YGTFOH.
Considering both teams were considered relatively equal (8 vs 9 seed), the fact that you think having our best player significantly diminished shouldn't have any affect on our performance in an NCAA game (where only the top seeds get to potentially play a bum team in the opening round) is an indication that there's no reason to continue this ridiculous conversation with you.
More excuses, and I didn't say it "shouldn't have any Effect on our performance" Mr. Strawman. Of course it Affected our performance, but do you really think it caused us to miss 19 straight 3s and go 10 minutes with no points? Or play that badly defensively and give up those open shots? Really? Or was it Fall, who we were incapable of working around? Or just maybe it was our helter-skelter style of play that has proven more often than not to fail to win in the tourney? By the way, all the 16 seeds except FDU looked better than us against 1 seeds, but I guess the excuse will be, those 1 seeds didn't have Fall. And you will continue the conversation no matter what, because your entire posting career has shown that you must have the last word (along with strawman arguments). So I would say GTFOH again, but you live here. I do appreciate your YouTube though.

Last edited:

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
So that excuses us for looking terrible most of the game? How about we not put ourselves in that hole to have to fight back to begin with? If we played halfway smart for half the game, we win comfortably (just like against Purdue). UCF was not that much responsible for our bad play.
Miss still shot better, had 16 assists, played better offensively overall, and they were a worse team than us with or without Evans. Did they go 10 minutes with no points?
I was waiting for the Fall excuse, and there it is. Memphis clearly had no issues while blowing them out the very week before. Temple (which we beat) had no issues the week before that. Wichita (which we beat) had no issues while blowing them out, even without their player who got hurt against us. There was more than enough blueprint on how to play around Fall, we did the opposite of what everyone else did. Are you saying we were completely incapable of working around him? We really, literally had NO answer? Really? YGTFOH.
More excuses, and I didn't say it "shouldn't have any Effect on our performance" Mr. Strawman. Of course it Affected our performance, but do you really think it caused us to miss 19 straight 3s and go 10 minutes with no points? Or play that badly defensively and give up those open shots? Really? Or was it Fall, who we were incapable of working around? Or just maybe it was our helter-skelter style of play that has proven more often than not to fail to win in the tourney? By the way, all the 16 seeds except FDU looked better than us against 1 seeds, but I guess the excuse will be, those 1 seeds didn't have Fall. And you will continue the conversation no matter what, because your entire posting career has shown that you must have the last word (along with strawman arguments). So I would say GTFOH again, but you live here. I do appreciate your YouTube though.
You certainly don't want us to examine your entire "posting career."

And I don't have to have the last word but when you keep making ridiculous statements I have to admit it's hard not to respond. Especially when you conveniently don't respond to this important point: did you watch every 2019 NCAA tournament game? If not, how can you make a statement about us having the worse performance in the tournament based in part to your "eye test" when you didn't "eye test" everybody?

But in this case I'm fine letting you have the last word. Sometimes it's better to let posters hang themselves with their own illogical statements. The fact that you think an 8th seed losing by 23 and down by 29 at 5:50 was a better performance against a 9th seed than us as an 8th seed being down by only 7 at 4:40 losing by 15 to a 9th seed defies logic. If you think that makes sense have at it. The last word is yours.

Last edited:

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
@Newboy as my post history shows, I posted fairly frequently until July 2017, with rare posts after. I just wanted to wait for the coaching dust to settle, plus got tired of the same pages and pages of the same certain discussions by the same posters who seem to have permanent amnesia. Before last weekend, my only post this year was shouting out MobileMunchies when I saw him at Baja (RIP) during the UCF game. I didn't post at all about that game until now. So nope, I don't only come out after losses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Newboy
Mar 2, 2014
@Newboy as my post history shows, I posted fairly frequently until July 2017, with rare posts after. I just wanted to wait for the coaching dust to settle, plus got tired of the same pages and pages of the same certain discussions by the same posters who seem to have permanent amnesia. Before last weekend, my only post this year was shouting out MobileMunchies when I saw him at Baja (RIP) during the UCF game. I didn't post at all about that game until now. So nope, I don't only come out after losses.
Fair enough. Post away. Forum is here for all opinions.

Reactions: thelonious_chunk