The Official Beat The Texas Longhorns Thread

RamBamBiggalow

Top Member
Jul 16, 2018
Great, albeit ugly, win for the Rams. Rams will need to play much better against Virginia.

How much longer is Texas going to put up with such mediocrity on the court? Smart has got to start feeling the heat soon.

Considering thier board has had a running "fire shaka smart" thread since season 1 I'd say the heat is not only on, but is on broil.

He got bounced by Northern Iowa, then posted one of worse seasons ever, then couldnt do anything with literal member of the avengers Mo Bamba.

They are gonna get rolled in conference this year if VCU and Radford handled them. Although I hope for our sake they get it together and overperform to the max.

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
Matt Coleman is shooting 27% from 3 this year and 29% last year. That is not the shot you want have to get something going to the rim or give one of your bigs a chance to make a play
Sometimes the defense dictates what you have available on offensive. Perhaps MR knew this and the defense was willing to roll the dice on giving up a three to Coleman?

RamLover

Top Member
Dec 1, 2016
Yeah, wins and losses aside, you have to think Shaka misses the environment of the game at the Stu last year vs. this game. I kept thinking that no one outside of the A10 and Texas would choose to even watch it for more than a few minutes if flipping through. So, so boring. I feel like we win all around. There's way more passion and allegiance in our program. I'm just happy I can finally move on. I needed that win to no longer be bitter. I'll be rooting for Shaka the rest of the year. Them succeeding is good for us. I hope Evans AND Vann are good for UVA.

KaminariVCU

Top Member
Insider
Dec 20, 2011
Just got finished watching on delay!!!!

Yes!!!!!

Love our Rams!!!

They broke Roach’s spirit in this one. His late pass to Coleman with seconds remaining sealed it for us!!! Dude should’ve taken it.

Wooooo!!!
I was so worried the entire game that even though Roach was having a terrible game (thanks to our defense) that he was going to have the ball at the end and hit a winning shot. Our guys destroyed his confidence and caused him to kick it out for a lower percentage shot.

Nov 8, 2010
Considering thier board has had a running "fire shaka smart" thread since season 1 I'd say the heat is not only on, but is on broil.

He got bounced by Northern Iowa, then posted one of worse seasons ever, then couldnt do anything with literal member of the avengers Mo Bamba.

They are gonna get rolled in conference this year if VCU and Radford handled them. Although I hope for our sake they get it together and overperform to the max.
We played an awful game offensively and shouldn't be in any game shooting 26%, much less win one. Losing this game would have grinded my gears tbh. But the positives others pointed out really are important. Outrebounding a much larger team, reducing some of the unforced turnovers that drive me nuts and holding their point scoreless without a made fg most of the game.

Reactions: Valley drop step