The Official Beat The The University of Massachusetts Minutemen Thread

Love2Ram

Top Member
Feb 25, 2011
MR needs to stay, at least to keep the recruiting class next year. The program is not in shambles, but if next year's team isn't competitive - we're in trouble.
I totally agree with everything except the A10 teams that are good now will still be good next year. The only team I see potentially taking a step backwards is probably Rhody. URI is graduating a couple of really talented players and I'm guessing it will expose Cox. Dayton won't fall of a cliff at all after Toppin goes pro. Fur has everyone coming back. I even see Duquesne scraping for a high position in the league. My point is the A10 is maturing while we are getting younger with what is likely to be more talent. My point, with so much talent around the conference returning our youth will be seriously challenged to compete at the level most of us expect. Will Ram Nation continue to support a 6-8 spot team a year after this misery ends? I hope so.

Mar 18, 2012
This MAY have not been the most talented team to begin with, BUT they were quite competitive when they were healthy. If we were completely healthy and playing at this level, that would be a different story. Injuries are bad, key injuries are disruptive to a team's harmony. Coach is playing with a short deck, he's not making any excuses for the teams misfortune. I give him a pass.

Love2Ram

Top Member
Feb 25, 2011
All that corporate money can dry up quick.
That would be the best thing to every happen to us. Bring everybody else down to the better seats and when the corporations want back, bend them over backwards. I haven't had the same people setting around me all year and when people are using them they don't seem to care about the game most nights.

Feb 5, 2015
People are so sick and tired of hearing the same bullshi$ from the same trolls or negative people everyday. We know the schedule of the games and whether we win or lose. We do not need any commentary from the trolls or fair-weathered fans that cannot seem to survive hard times from a difficult season, which season has not ended by my calendar. Why is it necessary for the same people to continue to punish the topic over and over again about our Coach and our players. If you think the remaining season is over for you, sell your tickets. Let the rest of us enjoy supporting our RAMS for the rest of this season.
It doesn't take too much thought to determine the season is over. It may as well be baseball season now for Ram fans. I don't see there being much of a resale market for tickets given this Schitt show we're putting out there on the court, probably be hard-pressed to give them away to homeless folks looking for a reprieve from crumby weather at this point. The only answer I can come up with is getting black-out drunk so there's no recollection of the games.

rvaram

Top Member
Mar 26, 2012
That would be the best thing to every happen to us. Bring everybody else down to the better seats and when the corporations want back, bend them over backwards. I haven't had the same people setting around me all year and when people are using them they don't seem to care about the game most nights.
Yeah, and we can have the guys ride the Greyhound out to St. Louis and practice at the Ashe center to cut costs.

May 19, 2015
It doesn't take too much thought to determine the season is over. It may as well be baseball season now for Ram fans. I don't see there being much of a resale market for tickets given this Schitt show we're putting out there on the court, probably be hard-pressed to give them away to homeless folks looking for a reprieve from crumby weather at this point. The only answer I can come up with is getting black-out drunk so there's no recollection of the games.
Hey, don't be too hard on yourself. You will come back around as a fan. In the meantime, please send me any of your unused tickets that you don't want and I will be sure to give them to students. I PROMISE I would never sell them. I just want to be sure your seats do not go empty. Mobile Munchies can also help you with finding someone to use your tickets. Thanks! ;)

Love2Ram

Top Member
Feb 25, 2011
Yeah, and we can have the guys ride the Greyhound out to St. Louis and practice at the Ashe center to cut costs.
Were we riding Greyhounds and practicing out at the Ashe center before the corporate money arrived? I didn't realize we'd deomolish the BDC if a few corporate seats were sold to other donors.

Reactions: RamBo

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
Listening to Ashby go on about the greatness of this highly competitive game made me think the ESPN broadcast was getting an audio feed from the ETSU game. Watching every painful minute and holding out hope something, anything would change. All that changed in the end was our record in the wrong direction
Your avatar 🤣

rvaram

Top Member
Mar 26, 2012
Were we riding Greyhounds and practicing out at the Ashe center before the corporate money arrived? I didn't realize we'd deomolish the BDC if a few corporate seats were sold to other donors.
We weren't flying charter planes to any away game that required it, we weren't paying a million plus a year for a coach, we didn't have the budget to pay for good ooc buy games and the BDC didn't exist until we started ramping up the corporate sponsors and seats. I don't want to go back to the days of turning in a losing lotto ticket to get into the game.

Reactions: RAMBALLFAN

VAHills

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2013
We have a losing record in conference. This team, AP ranked in November, started 6-0. Even dropping the 2 games in Florida, we were at least in entertainingly close games. The regression is remarkable. i feel like the team competes until the run comes from the opponent, and they don’t have the fight in them to come back. What an amazing collapse.
I mean, college basketball happens, but 5 games in a row? And we can’t see it coming and figure it out? How do we shoot this poorly, every single game? This all just defies explanation to me.

Apr 22, 2009
We all expected to see more of them tonight. I don't know wtf Rhoades' game plan was. Guess he was hoping one of the seniors would get hot and win the game for him. He showed no confidence in the freshmen and Crowfield tonight. He could subs then in one at a time in the second half. It doesn't always have to be 2-3 at a time. This was a pathetic bounce back game after St. Louis.
The seniors are basically spitting in his face with their lack of effort. And Rhoades does nothing about it. Pathetic. No rebounding. Lackluster defense. Missed layups. The lack of effort, poor fundamentals, and nonexistent defense are reflective of a coach who is out of touch.

Where is guard the arc when we need him for a shrewd analysis. The Einstein of college basketball!

Reactions: RAMBALLFAN

RamBamBiggalow

Top Member
Jul 16, 2018
The folks talking about incoming talent fixing everything are the same ones who talked about how much talent this team had.

MR first season was the end of our tourney streak and had some quite memorable beatdowns.

Last year he won COY but our best win was Temple and we had similar epic collapses such as @ ODU. A10 sucked. We got bounced pretty easily by a lower seed albeit injured. Successful year but not as impressive as led ro believe.

This year? Collasal failure.

I just dont understand this fanbase. Everybody wants to act like we are Gonzaga and not some mid major school, but yall are always talking about next year and bringing Shaka back and being competitive and oh we work better with low expectations and underdog crap. Seems like a mid major mind set to me and now you finally found your guy that will send us back to obscurity where yall feel so at home.

RAMBALLFAN

Top Member
Insider
Aug 26, 2016
I nominate Eric Maynor for head coach of the Rams.
I was thinking Darius, but why not Eric. He is a natural leader and floor general, so what could possibly go wrong ; ). I think we do what UVA’s Football coach does and make guys earn and keep their jerseys based upon effort and hard work. Take a day off and watch the game from the best seats in the house. Harsh, yep. Probability of happening, 0.