The Official Beat The Ticks for the 1st time in 2020 Thread @ The Animal

ISwamRam

Elite Member
Does Mr Nick understand these are fightin words?
I'm a big Nick fan...good kid with a bright future on/off the court. That said, he should know this is bulletin board material and maybe presented it better. And as Dayton learned Saturday, we can't overlook Nick who can go "microwave" any time.

HAVOC still lives here

Elite Member
Does Mr Nick understand these are fightin words?
[/QUOTE]

That is just to get our attention. Its funny because WE don't consider them our equals. They are not even worthy of consideration. They are basically not considered anything other than a game on our schedule. We will play them, take care of business, get the win and send them on their way. GO RAMS!

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member

That is just to get our attention. Its funny because WE don't consider them our equals. They are not even worthy of consideration. They are basically not considered anything other than a game on our schedule. We will play them, take care of business, get the win and send them on their way. GO RAMS!
[/QUOTE]

Kind of hard to consider someone that you own a 53-30 record against as your equal. And as far as Sherod's time at fur, his team is 2-5 against VCU. Maybe he should look at his dad's team, fodu, if he is looking for a fur equal.

McFingers93

Elite Member
No game is guaranteed and our guys better bring some real intensity tomorrow night. Where as previous years I expected VCU to beat them and was really bent when we lost, I think the Spiders are going to present a real challenge tomorrow night. If we don't value the ball it could get real ugly.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
No game is guaranteed and our guys better bring some real intensity tomorrow night. Where as previous years I expected VCU to beat them and was really bent when we lost, I think the Spiders are going to present a real challenge tomorrow night. If we don't value the ball it could get real ugly.

If there is any game this year that VCU's seniors should be able to stay disciplined/focused for 40 minutes, it's tomorrow night's game against fur. This game, and all future games this season, come down to discipline/focus. The tools are there to win, as long as the mind lets them.

IV made a comment in the La Salle post game interview with Robbie stating the seniors need to focus on the present vs. where their individual careers might take them next. There is no "I" in "Team". Time for the seniors to play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back of the jersey.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
It is pretty evident to me. Gilyard has to be made uncomfortable the entire game. He went off on VCU two years ago but last year VCU was able to pressure him. When Gilyard gets space and is feeling good he gets his shots and also gets open looks for his teammates. Gilyard and Sherod are coming off a big scoring night against Dayton so they will be feeling confident.

urmite

Elite Member
"If we don't value the ball it could get real ugly."
We could say the same thing...

{time for me to fade to stealth mode}

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Did anyone listen to Sherod? He is interviewed in the Mooney pre-game interview. He again downplayed the game and mentioned that he wants to avenge the VCU "antics" from last year.