The Official Beat the University of North Texas Mean Green Eagles Thread

May 1, 2009
I am very happy we hung on to win. We allowed N. Texas to take us out of our game plan and they took advantage. N. Texas made us play their game plan instead. We need to find ways to get our game plan back on track when that happens....or at least part of it. We grinded out a win tonight so for that I am happy. But we have work to do if we want to be the top 25 team that the AP has said we are.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
They packed the lane affecting our ability to shoot it. But they didn't pack it so much that we couldn't at least pass it inside to MSS or Corey who could have then passed it back out. We can't just totally ignore our post players in the post. We have to at least pretend we want an inside bucket from our post players even if they just pass it back out. That was our entire problem 2 years ago when we played the perimeter only. Playing inside out doesn't mean we MUST shoot it inside...it means at least getting the ball down there to make the opposition pack the post even more and give more freedom to the guys on the perimeter.
We basically play a 4 guard lineup with one center......we can't turn our center into a 5th guard who hangs out at the top of the key playing pass it around the entire game.
We miss mobley from that aspect. His ability to see over and throw a perfect entry pass made things easier.

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Mar 21, 2017
There were some questionable calls that felt like they were really altered the flow of the game but no matter how poopty the refs were we should have been in cruise control on this one. We broke them towards the end of the first half with that huge run but they put it back together in the second half. I HATE seeing hope on that visitors bench but they believed and came mighty close to stealing this one. Hated seeing them shoot a better percentage than us and us having more TO's than FG's.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
My point is that he has been clutch. He missed those tonight but he is someone I would want him to have the ball in the clutch.
Dayton twice last year, Temple, Hofstra, Gardiner Webb, Gmu in the first half of the last game. Yoi can go on and on with the games marcus Evan's was clutch. Heck...his 6 pt spurt in the second half against st. Francis.

TampaKAP

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
Have not read any of this thread since yesterday so if by some strange chance I repeat something I apologize

• Defense continues to be strong
  • @rollins77 Who do see about getting another camera to replace that one that looks more SD than HD
  • 2nd game in a row where the 2nd team seem to have more energy and swag

RAM_IT

Top Member
Aug 19, 2013
Was Ward injured or something? I'm also surprised so little time with 2 of the 3 "bigs" on the floor.

Really fun to watch a competitive game and always feels good to win but LSU would have stomped our Rams tonight I fear.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Mar 22, 2013
Was Ward injured or something? I'm also surprised so little time with 2 of the 3 "bigs" on the floor.

Really fun to watch a competitive game and always feels good to win but LSU would have stomped our Rams tonight I fear.
Good thing we play Wednesday, yeah?

:D