The Official Beat the University of North Texas Mean Green Eagles Thread

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
That game was TOO MUCH for my nerves this early in the season! Especially with the same stress going on in the Robins Center. Sheesh! I’m thankful for the win, but seriously, is this what a top 25 team looks like?

I’m hoping beyond hope that our guys get it together before LSU comes to town. 😩

Why can’t the east & west ends stay in sync with the cheers? The DEFENSE 👏🏻👏🏻 is ALWAYS off!!! I don’t know why buy it bothers me way more than it should!
That's because it's DEFENSE 👏👏👏DEFENSE. Only two claps throws it off. LOL

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Why can’t the east & west ends stay in sync with the cheers? The DEFENSE 👏🏻👏🏻 is ALWAYS off!!! I don’t know why buy it bothers me way more than it should!
I'll tell you why.... because there's no communication between either side. Not between the Cheerleaders, The Peppas, the Rowdy Rams or the West end group.....

The Cheerleaders a good number of times have been standing around waiting for the someone to start the cheers. And numerous times the West End & the East end have been doing different cheers.... in large part the East End doesn't automatically start a chant on offense or defense (depending on which one we are on at the time).... so the people on the West End (myself included) try to pick up the slack and start the cheers ourselves sometimes... and sometimes you'll end up with one side doing the defense 👏👏.... and the other side yelling the word DEFENNNNNNNNSE!

Hopefully come Wednesday.... the Rowdys/Peppas will step their game up in terms of starting cheers.

SpiderRAM

Top Member
Insider
Aug 17, 2014
I'll tell you why.... because there's no communication between either side. Not between the Cheerleaders, The Peppas, the Rowdy Rams or the West end group.....

The Cheerleaders a good number of times have been standing around waiting for the someone to start the cheers. And numerous times the West End & the East end have been doing different cheers.... in large part the East End doesn't automatically start a chant on offense or defense (depending on which one we are on at the time).... so the people on the West End (myself included) try to pick up the slack and start the cheers ourselves sometimes... and sometimes you'll end up with one side doing the defense 👏👏.... and the other side yelling the word DEFENNNNNNNNSE!

Hopefully come Wednesday.... the Rowdys/Peppas will step their game up in terms of starting cheers.
Hope so! It’s like fingernails on a chalkboard to me! (I know that just means I have issues🤣)

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
After seeing the game last night and reading a lot on here this afternoon, a few observations.
We learned what it felt like to play a team with really good defense, like ours. It's a dog fight, exhausting.
following from that, we play really good defense, really good! That's always great to build off of.
Our 20-0 run in the first half started with 9 minutes left in the half. We turned up the pressure, rattled them, exhausted them. For 9 minutes they had no answer.
At 9 minutes left in the second half both teams got a really good rest with the shot clock going out. No 20-0 run followed with a well rested NT team. Would a run have occurred without the extended rest time? Don't know, but NT looked tired (announcers also noticed), and then got a good rest..
These guys want it really bad, sometimes maybe a little too bad. We forced things at times.
There were times when we played very good offense last night, moving the ball, playing inside out, making the extra pass, getting good shots and making them. It's not consistent. It needs to be more so.
We were out rebounded in the first half and had a 10 point lead. We out rebounded them in the second half and almost lost it.
Players doing little things, some that show up on stat sheets and some that don't, won the game last night...Crowfield was big time in that department. Corey was too.
First time I've seen Bones. He looks like he belongs. He competes really hard with a lot of talent, makes a few freshman mistakes, but he's good and is going to be really good.
There are more ways to get the ball into the paint than throwing it into the post. Both of Simm's threes at the end came off of drive and kick plays. Those were examples of great offense. Ball movement led to a drive that collapsed the defense leading to an open three. I'll take that all the time.
North Texas is better than I thought they were going to be. Even during our 20-0 run they played good D. Then they came out in the second half still believing they could win and almost did. They are going to win a lot of games this year.

May 19, 2015
They did NOT take away our ability to pass it inside and then passing back outside....we just chose to never attempt to pass it inside almost the entire 2nd half. And most of the time our centers were hanging out at the top of the key like a guard playing "pass it around the perimeter."
With all due respect my friend, I must have been in attendance at a different game.