The Official Beat The Utah State Aggies in Sioux Falls South Dakota Thread

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
I couldn't stand Queta. Cocky SOB and can't shoot a lick. Makes this win that much sweeter.
Dude got a double double and was the high scorer for his team and the 2nd highest of the game. The kid can play and shoot. But our half court defense on him and the perimeter made it hard for them to get him the ball.

Reactions: I4one and Ramlove81

GuardTheArc

Top Member
Dec 4, 2014
Thoughts:

Stockard: kinda what I expected. I'd like to see him out of the starting lineup ASAP
Bones: Picked up where he left off and then some
Curry: WAYYYY too many minutes. 2 tiny bursts of activity but otherwise 30 minutes of nothing. Needs to have his minutes cut in half. Him getting 31 is absurd on a team this talented - he should be the 2nd or 3rd off the bench.
Vince: Surprise of the night. I'd like to see him take curry's spot in the starting lineup ASAP
Ace: Looks the part, 7 assists to 2 turnovers in your first game is nice. I'd be happy if he NEVER fudgeING SHOT A LONG STEP BACK 2 AGAIN but otherwise a great performance
Douglas: Couple nice blocks, solid game
Clark: Give him those 15.5 minutes curry is losing. He'll make way better use out of them.
Ward: Why didn't he get more minutes?
BMB: Also what I expected. 7 feet tall and...............................
Watkins: Looked decent in his minutes
Banks: Not enough info
MBJ: Looked engaged and energized on defense. A couple of great high-low passes
McA: Not sure what to think about him not playing. If it was coach's decision, I'd guess that's where Roosevelts scholarship or the January scholarship was coming from.

Observations:
1)
Concur with many, but not all, of the above
2) Good shooting was the key (52/41/87 slash line); trumped USU at all three levels; somewhat surprising
3) Frosh FT shooting (both result and form) - very encouraging
4) Vince William's clutch threes - significant development
5) Reserving judgment until after WVU and Memphis/W Kentucky; three ESPN-televised games in three days against three quality opponents on a neutral floor; that will help better assess minutes/roles/development/outlook/etc.
6) Uniforms - outstanding; finally we wear the very impressive yellows (not gold) on national TV; love the white/yellow kicks that many were wearing too; these should be our standard (most worn) unis; they look great

Last edited:
Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
I have to say that I am really disappointed in the ESPN announcers for this game. It is all talk about this player or that player or about some teams history, or who took a poop at halftime. Half the time when there was a foul on the play they didn't even mention it and hardly ever even mentioned who cause the foul.
We were fouling a lot up until half way through the 2nd and I had to go to the live stats to see who actually had fouls and who had how many. And they rarely showed replays of the fouls. And when they did show replays, the majority seemed to be of a Utah player scoring. They also seemed a bit biased towards Utah. But perhaps I am a bit biased.....Utah did come from behind to get up on us by 10 or so points before we had our comeback.

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
Dude got a double double and was the high scorer for his team and the 2nd highest of the game. The kid can play and shoot. But our half court defense on him and the perimeter made it hard for them to get him the ball.
He's good, just not as good as he thinks. Most of his success was the result of our softness. Once we made adjustments, we shut him down for over 10 minutes during our huge run.

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
Observations:
1)
Concur with many, but not all, of the above
2) Good shooting was the key (52/41/87 slash line); trumped USU at all three levels; somewhat surprising
3) Frosh FT shooting (both result and form) - very encouraging
4) Vince William's clutch threes - significant development
5) Reserving judgment until after WVU and Memphis/W Kentucky; three ESPN-televised games in three days against three quality opponents on a neutral floor; that will help better assess minutes/roles/development/outlook/etc.
6) Uniforms - outstanding; finally we wear the very impressive yellows (not gold) on national TV; love the white/yellow kicks that many were wearing too; these should be our standard (most worn) unis; they look great
2) It shouldn't have been surprising, you're just impatient. This is the result of three years of recruiting known good shooters.

4) Vince was one of the main reasons we beat LSU and hung with UVA.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
#22 made me think of Slick Watts.