The Official Beat The Utah State Aggies in Sioux Falls South Dakota Thread

Gopher+RamFan

Top Member
Dec 9, 2010
Awesome! Agency or clerkship? I'm a regulatory attorney with an Agency.
Currently with the VA doing Veteran’s law work (given my background as lower enlisted that’s not a surprise). I’m just thankful for an attorney position with the feds right out of school. I was in interviews for a federal clerkship when the pandemic hit, they offered first so I grabbed it thinking the job market might tank. No regrets so far.

I4one

Top Member
Apr 29, 2017
Where can I find the stat sheet for this game . usually go to vcuathletics, but couldn't find it there.

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
Same for Tre. I have just loved his game since he stepped on campus and for me as a monster numbers geek to say that after his advanced analytics weren't super great last year, is saying something. Dude just can ball. Defensive pest, soooo crafty on offense and gives us a slashing point guard who can really find his way to the hoop. We are just absolutely loaded at point for the foreseeable future (and that's not even mentioning Bones!)
I totally agree. Tre can really play. There were times he got into the game last year and had some really great moves to the basket. With Bones and Ace coming on, and his very limited play last year I was worried he might have considered transferring. But I really love the way he plays. He is tenacious. I think he has the capacity to, like Bones, play on the ball as a pg and off the ball as a shooting guard. Not sure about his 3 point game but he does have an ability to get to the rack.
I was also very surprised that Ace has turned out to actually be a pg who can start as a freshman......and the very first game to boot.....and against a very solid team like Utah St too. I think Watkins and Banks will be slowly moved into the lineup with more time coming but I feel that both are still working to get the feel of the college game and/or our style....but both seem to be better than the typical "freshman" type player. I think Brown is a bit more player ready....perhaps due to his size at 220# where he can bang more with bigger players.
What I really want to see more than winning and losing is that this team consistently improves over the entire season. It seemed to me that the last two seasons you saw us improve from the start of the season until mid December and then be inconsistent the rest of the season....like we peaked while still in the OOC. I want to see this team continue to improve and peak around the middle or the latter part of February.

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

rammed

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
Currently with the VA doing Veteran’s law work (given my background as lower enlisted that’s not a surprise). I’m just thankful for an attorney position with the feds right out of school. I was in interviews for a federal clerkship when the pandemic hit, they offered first so I grabbed it thinking the job market might tank. No regrets so far.
Our youngest daughter is a county prosecutor right out of law school. Super demanding but also amazing experience. Good luck to you!

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
Where can I find the stat sheet for this game . usually go to vcuathletics, but couldn't find it there.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Thoughts:

Stockard: kinda what I expected. I'd like to see him out of the starting lineup ASAP
Bones: Picked up where he left off and then some
Curry: WAYYYY too many minutes. 2 tiny bursts of activity but otherwise 30 minutes of nothing. Needs to have his minutes cut in half. Him getting 31 is absurd on a team this talented - he should be the 2nd or 3rd off the bench.
Vince: Surprise of the night. I'd like to see him take curry's spot in the starting lineup ASAP
Ace: Looks the part, 7 assists to 2 turnovers in your first game is nice. I'd be happy if he NEVER fudgeING SHOT A LONG STEP BACK 2 AGAIN but otherwise a great performance
Douglas: Couple nice blocks, solid game
Clark: Give him those 15.5 minutes curry is losing. He'll make way better use out of them.
Ward: Why didn't he get more minutes?
BMB: Also what I expected. 7 feet tall and...............................
Watkins: Looked decent in his minutes
Banks: Not enough info
MBJ: Looked engaged and energized on defense. A couple of great high-low passes
McA: Not sure what to think about him not playing. If it was coach's decision, I'd guess that's where Roosevelts scholarship or the January scholarship was coming from.
Leave Curry he does things the that others cannot do and can get his own shot. Based on last night, I'd still keep Stockard in and let Vince play the same role. Stockard is a better in interior defender and we really need that.

Reactions: Jdlc

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Me too. At that point they were shredding our Rams. They wore them down and like coach said in his presser they took rushed shots that are as good as a turnover.

This is why I normally refrain from posting during the game. Ha!
Yep, we just wore them down with the press. Our depth gave us the added push and our 2nd team just took advantage. It was what we VCU has prided our program on for years. This is one of the clearest examples of the approach actually working.

Reactions: Jdlc

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Utah state looking absolutely awful tonight

And that's why you can't get too high or too low after only one game. The Jack Rabbits "jumped" all over Utah State last night, making VCU's win Wednesday night less impressive. Let's see how VCU rebounds against Memphis tonight.

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM