Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Well, whatcha got?

Vince over Curry....

BigE

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
trying to make some sense of their roster, interesting that of their underclassmen nearly all of them only received an offer from Utah State as far as I can tell. So either their talent scouts are all clairvoyant or they do not have the expectations associated with them that our new guys have.
USU builds teams from projects. They make noise every 3-4 years when their projects develop into decent players.

Apr 20, 2009
They lost their whole backcourt from last season. Both PGs and Merrill the conference POY. Bean is a double double machine up front. He and Queta pass very well for big guys. They are not a good outside shooting team but they play solid D, pass and rebound very well and have won 54 games the past 2 seasons. We must turn them over and force them to play up tempo. A slow down game favors them. A fast paced tempo favors us. I think our backcourt will be the difference in this game.

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
So this an actual basketball game being played ? VCU is playing a college basketball game against an actual college opponent ?
Yeah uh huh.....suuuure...

Nov 24, 2020
USU builds teams from projects. They make noise every 3-4 years when their projects develop into decent players.

Under Stew Morrill the team was pretty consistent making the NCAA Tournament 8 times from 2000-2011. One of the years that USU didn't make the tourney they were still ranked in the top 25. His last few years we started to drop and then hired a dud of a coach to replace him. That led to a few poor years but under Craig Smith the team seems to have turned a corner winning a share of the conference regular season Championship 2 years ago and 2 straight Mountain West tournaments. I don't know how the team will do this year but our coach seems to get the most out of his players. Some of the guys that have become major contributors started as walk-ons with zero expectations.

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
Ward over either Douglas or Stockard.
Against a 250 lbs guy? Ward may get pushed around. Levi is 245 and Corey although the same as Ward or a bit heavier is better on defense.

Coach said he wants to win the first 5 minutes....I think he is putting in what he feels is his most competent on Defense. He indicated Curry has been one of the most improved....and he has been shown to be a slasher.
But that was just a paper list of potential starters. May not be actual list.

Mar 2, 2014
Against a 250 lbs guy? Ward may get pushed around. Levi is 245 and Corey although the same as Ward or a bit heavier is better on defense.

Coach said he wants to win the first 5 minutes....I think he is putting in what he feels is his most competent on Defense. He indicated Curry has been one of the most improved....and he has been shown to be a slasher.
But that was just a paper list of potential starters. May not be actual list.
Yes.