The Official Beat the Vanderbilt Commodores in Nashville Thread

Cyniclone

Elite Member
Go Rams but also

the-simpsons-krusty-the-clown.gif

VCU74

Elite Member
Personally, I’d rather have a nice defense early on with difficulty scoring the ball as opposed to the other way around. IMO when a team plays bad defense in any sport, it’s usually there to stay for the season. Offense tends to lend itself to improvement as the year goes on.

I have zero data to back this up. Just years of observation that could very well be off base.
You *did* post it, good enough for me!

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
Nice thoughtful opinion, I think the last statement would be true in 2010. It’s a far different NBA now and the differences in style of play between the league and college has never been wider. Game readiness is far less relevant for bigs than physical tools and clear areas of elite talent. With a big, they are drafting knowing there is a 2-3 year development phase and they will completely rebuild his offensive skill set regardless of whether he stays an additional year or not.

Its speculative on both sides, so I’ll glady donate to the charity of your choice if my statement proves false and you are willing to return the favor. We have time and can work out details down the road—consider it the modern version of a bar bet.

In the meantime, let’s enjoy watching Hason show out this year—because that young man is an elite rim protector, a very solid defender across 3-5 and developing in real time. Should be fun.
@rammad90 I'll take some of this action too if you're game.

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
Levi is just fine and is starting because well he deserves to start. There is more to the game than scoring tonights game proves that.
While I 100% agree that there is a lot more to the game than scoring, we will have to just agree to disagree the Levi is the option right now. My opinion doesn’t matter anyway 😊. I am curious what you see that makes you think he deserves to start

Levi is just fine and is starting because well he deserves to start. There is more to the game than scoring tonights game proves that.
Idk man. Levi shows no hustle on the floor. He just watches a lot of the game. I just want him to snap out of it and get back to doing what he was doing last season.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
While I 100% agree that there is a lot more to the game than scoring, we will have to just agree to disagree the Levi is the option right now. My opinion doesn’t matter anyway 😊. I am curious what you see that makes you think he deserves to start
Well, FWIW— if DeLoach is the presumed starter, we know he’ll bring energy, but with that will come many head scratching freshman fouls. Whether he starts or not, Levi’s minutes are likely going to be about the same until Nichols rounds into form (I think he still working back from his eye injury). Personally, I’m of the mind that if the minutes are unaffected, why not start the older guy—unless there is a need to balance the various lineup combinations differently.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
Idk man. Levi shows no hustle on the floor. He just watches a lot of the game. I just want him to snap out of it and get back to doing what he was doing last season.
He definitely plays at a somewhat slower pace than the rest of the team, he did do some good work last night putting a body on their bigs and limiting entry passes. Would love to be able to count on him for 8-10 pts per game as a consistent option on the low block for 15-20 mins a game, maybe that comes around, otherwise he does play solid defense in the half court. I think the key will be how quickly Nichols gets comfortable.

LQuarles

Elite Member
Insider
What a difference one game made for MBJ! Completely different player last night.

People need to stop overreacting about a freshman or sophomore having a rough game, making hyperbolic statements, and need to think of the bigger picture, think longer term. That's why I kept saying we'll be fine. These kids love Rhoades and will be scary in the Bahamas, no matter what our offense does.

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
Levi only seems to play hard when he feels like it, which is rare so far this season.
This times 1000. I invited a friend of mine who played in the SEC to the game last night. During the game RE: Levi he asked who is that guy? I seen a lot of basketball basketball and that guy is soft.