The Official Beat The Wildcats of Davidson in The Animal thread

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
Interested in their matchup with ur tonight. I haven't watched any Davidson this year but I assume they're another one of those dangerous McKillop teams.

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
Interested in their matchup with ur tonight. I haven't watched any Davidson this year but I assume they're another one of those dangerous McKillop teams.
They are. They’re 5-3, but other than their confusing loss to Charlotte, their other losses were to Shaka’s strongest Texas team yet by 2, and Providence by 1. They are really tough.

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
Grady is Grady....mostly solid, but can take over a game at times. He is not an alpha, but a very solid basketball player that needs to be kept under wraps. Lee is their difference maker, cannot let him get going—I was really suspicious of his game early last year, no questions at all now. If anything, Lee is under utilized. Their bigs are mostly stiffs—the Austrian can get in rhythm, but often plays timid. They also have a kiwi named Sam Manenga (sp?) who is very fundamental 3/4 hybrid—he is slow but will knock down open shots if their motion gets him free. The other bigs are overly physical on defense, to the point of frustrating opponents—but largely docile offensively outside of setting a lot of screens (many of the cheap shot variety). The key will be Carter Collins, their PG— he has some games where he is more giving than Santa—then other games, he is a true alpha PG when he gets in rhythm. If we can disrupt him and make him play poorly—we win running away....of course, McKillop knows this, so I suspect they will have Grady and Lee more involved in setting up their offense. Will be a great test for our young guys mentally, but I think they are up to the task—-we need to push the pace as they are #353 in tempo. Taking good guys by eight.

Last edited:

BigE

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
...just lost to the Ticks at home.

Last edited: