The Official Beat The Wildcats of Davidson in The Animal thread

RamDanFan

Top Member
Jan 19, 2015
Just because they aren't in agreement with you or anyone else doesn't make them ignorant. I would think most here are entitled to their arguments/opinion or to be denigrated for same, but what do I know?

I fully understand your opinion and extreme concern and I respect your thoughts, but I don't come here to be called names and I believe we all should expect better and a little bit of respect as well...

But it’s okay when it’s the comments that are being called ignorant and not the poster, so therefore you stand down good sir or I’ll be forced to call out your comments as ignorant. Thanks in advance for being part of my echo chamber.

May 19, 2015
For those of you that have to go out for groceries you may want to explore shopping on line and having the food delivered to your home. We have been doing that for quite a while. You can use the Instacart app as well as some of the chains, eg Kroger, Foodlion, and Publix websites to order and see if you live within their delivery zones, which are expanding.
Thank you for reminding me. The issue is when I need meats and vegetables. I am pretty particular in my selections. 🙄. I don’t have children and my friends are in the same situation but I wouldn’t put them at risk anyway. I am pretty much in and out and I do keep my distance it’s just others don’t. But you just hope you get through until the vaccine is dispensed. I’m not out everyday and I havent seen my friends in forever. I don’t begrudge others that go out for breakfast, lunch or dinner or patronize other businesses. I’m a hopeful they follow VDH recommended rules. The small businesses need help. If my system wasn’t compromised, I would try to somehow help the merchants.

VCUPepBandRules

Top Member
Jan 30, 2012
Dang it, I was really hoping to have no more students enter into my covid datasets; like my cancer datasets, I've already got too many of 'em...

I did see one of our players yesterday walking from the BDC to the Stu while I was picking up my monthly allowance of masks, wipes, and sanitizer from the Bowe Street parking deck on my way into the office for month/year end data processing, but I'm not sure which one as he was doing everything you're supposed to be doing such as wearing his mask outside and social distancing. The way he was carrying himself looked like he was preparing to take care of business and not the news that there might not be a game the next day. I just hope whoever is infected has a safe and speedy recovery.

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
what a bunch of BS. I'm over 60 with underlying conditions and I'm at the point of wtf. I have a 99.9% chance of NOT dying from the china virus.

College aged people are at 99.99%
Actually the death rate in the US is at 1.78% and it is even higher for those over 60. The disease also puts about 10% of all Covid cases in the hospital. If a car was sold that resulted in a 1.78% death rate it would be removed from the market immediately. If a drug (prescription/OTC) resulted in a death rate of 1.78% is would be removed from the market immediately. If a car or drug put 10% of it's users in the hospital it would immediately be removed from the market
This is not some BS, WTF disease. It is serious.

And if it helps you visualize it any better, think of the Stu being completely empty of any fans for 45 games straight....that is the number of deaths caused by this virus. In fact you can add an additional 282 home games devoid of any and all fans because those are in the hospital which amounts to about 21 years of home games at the Stu....about double our decades long sellout record.
And I wouldn't even go into the terminology you used to name this virus but you can considered yourself ignored and persona non grata. That type of speech is not something we use in America nor on VRN.

Last edited:

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
Of course nobody knows the contact chain. But really, is an athletic director’s presence required on game day, particularly now??And he certainly does not need to be at away games. He doesn’t need to be there, he wants to be there. That’s certainly understandable, but it’s just more risk. On the PR side, if folks donating can’t be in the building, I wouldn’t be either.

the other day, my wife’s hospital had 1 ICU bed and the were getting calls from Michigan for it, and the next day they were at capacity period. They had people on vents shoved wherever. Spike following thanksgiving. Xmas fallout coming— The next few weeks could be interesting.
I doubt it earned any new donations from School of Medicine alumni, at the very least.

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011
Of course nobody knows the contact chain. But really, is an athletic director’s presence required on game day, particularly now??And he certainly does not need to be at away games. He doesn’t need to be there, he wants to be there. That’s certainly understandable, but it’s just more risk. On the PR side, if folks donating can’t be in the building, I wouldn’t be either.

the other day, my wife’s hospital had 1 ICU bed and the were getting calls from Michigan for it, and the next day they were at capacity period. They had people on vents shoved wherever. Spike following thanksgiving. Xmas fallout coming— The next few weeks could be interesting.

Please thank your wife for me for all she does. Hoping you and your family stay healthy and that you all have access to the vaccine ASAP.