The Official Beat The Wildcats of Davidson in The Animal thread

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
what a bunch of BS. I'm over 60 with underlying conditions and I'm at the point of wtf. I have a 99.9% chance of NOT dying from the china virus.

College aged people are at 99.99%
Tell that to Justin Tillman, tell that to the 4 year olds with no underlying conditions who died, and tell that to the thousands of people who have had brain infections, heart infections and strokes resulting from COVID. I know you don't care about other people, but don't bring that crap on here.

Last edited:

RamLover

Top Member
Dec 1, 2016
Just because they aren't in agreement with you or anyone else doesn't make them ignorant. I would think most here are entitled to their arguments/opinion or to be denigrated for same, but what do I know?

I fully understand your opinion and extreme concern and I respect your thoughts, but I don't come here to be called names and I believe we all should expect better and a little bit of respect as well...

Anyone who calls it “China virus” is ignorant.

Apr 28, 2009
Anyone who calls it “China virus” is ignorant.
That is part of the social environment we live in . People just care about themselves. I have lost three friends this past year to COVID-19. IMHO your rights end when what you do has a chance of ending someone else’s life. But hey I guess it is some kind of worldwide hoax....By the way spewing out racist terminology does not help the situation.

RamLover

Top Member
Dec 1, 2016
That is part of the social environment we live in . People just care about themselves. I have lost three friends this past year to COVID-19. IMHO your rights end when what you do has a chance of ending someone else’s life. But hey I guess it is some kind of worldwide hoax....By the way spewing out racist terminology does not help the situation.
Agreed. That’s why I said what I said.

Beirne

Top Member
Mar 2, 2013
what a bunch of BS. I'm over 60 with underlying conditions and I'm at the point of wtf. I have a 99.9% chance of NOT dying from the china virus.

College aged people are at 99.99%
I absolutely do not want to get into a back-and-forth, but your comment has stuck with me all day long.

VCU/MCV has long-established schools of medicine, nursing, physical & occupational therapy, pharmacy, and other healthcare related fields. I can tell you for a fact that alumni on this forum are actively caring for terribly sick and dying patients due to the COVID-19 virus. As a family physician, I am not personally caring for the hospitalized and dying. I tip my cap to those brave members of the healthcare team, in all professions, who are doing so. But I am diagnosing sick and scared patients on a daily basis, sharing the news of their diagnosis with them and their families, and trying my best to guide them through a terrifying illness with unknown consequences.

Sadly, all it takes are a few comments like yours to plow over all of the "thank you's" that get sent our way. I respect that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but as always recognize that your words carry weight. And sir, today your words sting!

Beirne

Top Member
Mar 2, 2013
And since I've already stood up on a soap box....
  • if we do have members of the staff and team who tested positive and/or are ill, I too wish them a quick and uncomplicated recovery.
  • I received my first immunization this week. Moderna #1. It made my arm hurt. I had flu-like symptoms (bodyaches, headache, nausea, chills). I felt bad. But I would do it again in a heartbeat, and I'll be right there in 3 weeks getting my Moderna #2. Please, do it when your opportunity is available.

May 19, 2015
Some folks are ready to destroy the people who have an opinion that COVID-19 originated from China, which is obviously an opinion and the others are prepared to destroy those that do not believe the virus originated from China because that is their opinion. Why are both sides, with absolutely zero proof/ basis for your opinion prepared to hate the other—is it because you don’t like each others opinion? Seems like the result of a postponed VCU game has brought out some righteous people prepared to start a war with the Ramily. Let it go before the scorpion tongues come out and say things that will be difficult for many members to continue with this fan board. This is one, if not the best basketball forums ever created by the genius dedicated founders. Don’t destroy it for them or us by turning it into a political broadcast system. Cheers to all!

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
I absolutely do not want to get into a back-and-forth, but your comment has stuck with me all day long.

VCU/MCV has long-established schools of medicine, nursing, physical & occupational therapy, pharmacy, and other healthcare related fields. I can tell you for a fact that alumni on this forum are actively caring for terribly sick and dying patients due to the COVID-19 virus. As a family physician, I am not personally caring for the hospitalized and dying. I tip my cap to those brave members of the healthcare team, in all professions, who are doing so. But I am diagnosing sick and scared patients on a daily basis, sharing the news of their diagnosis with them and their families, and trying my best to guide them through a terrifying illness with unknown consequences.

Sadly, all it takes are a few comments like yours to plow over all of the "thank you's" that get sent our way. I respect that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but as always recognize that your words carry weight. And sir, today your words sting!
Thank you for your dedication! I can’t imagine being a healthcare worker during these times. I don’t understand people doubting what doctors are telling us is going on.

vadiplomat04

Top Member
Feb 24, 2020
I’m really starting to question how well this whole board is being moderated. The comments made on this thread are absolutely inappropriate and are sickening. How is it that some members can make racist comments and still be allowed to stay here? Where is the line here to get a permanent ban.

This place has turn into a place filled with ignorance, anger, and racist thoughts. Honestly this is the last post I’ll be making here. I have no reason to continue coming here anymore.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2009
I’m really starting to question how well this whole board is being moderated. The comments made on this thread are absolutely inappropriate and are sickening. How is it that some members can make racist comments and still be allowed to stay here? Where is the line here to get a permanent ban.

This place has turn into a place filled with ignorance, anger, and racist thoughts. Honestly this is the last post I’ll be making here. I have no reason to continue coming here anymore.

Maybe we should entertain your thoughts about racism?

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
Disappointing and unfortunate to see some of these racist posts. Also stop with the covid shamming. It could be anyone involved with the program.
What were the racist posts ? I've seen posts that accuse the Chinese gov't of creating this virus (can't say l think they created it, but they were funding the studying of corona viruses among bats in Wuhan, that's been pretty widely established).

If that's the reference how is that racist ? That's simply an accusation against a gov't, THAT in and of itself has nothing to do with race as an issue, no more than if the US, French, Russian, Burmese or Vatican gov'ts were accused of creating the virus.

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
My daughter in law who is Chinese calls it the China Virus. She is not ignorant, a well educated attorney.
I hope she knows how much Chinese Americans have been dealing with hate crimes due to Trump and his China Virus/Kung Flu rhetoric.

Reactions: connell