The Official Beat The Wildcats of Davidson in The Animal thread

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
Some folks are ready to destroy the people who have an opinion that COVID-19 originated from China, which is obviously an opinion and the others are prepared to destroy those that do not believe the virus originated from China because that is their opinion. Why are both sides, with absolutely zero proof/ basis for your opinion prepared to hate the other—is it because you don’t like each others opinion? Seems like the result of a postponed VCU game has brought out some righteous people prepared to start a war with the Ramily. Let it go before the scorpion tongues come out and say things that will be difficult for many members to continue with this fan board. This is one, if not the best basketball forums ever created by the genius dedicated founders. Don’t destroy it for them or us by turning it into a political broadcast system. Cheers to all!
My thoughts exactly. Bravo @HAVOC still lives here . Bravo!''''

Please folks. End the madness.

RamLover

Top Member
Dec 1, 2016
Well I didn't so go away...
I never said you did. You said disagreeing with people doesn’t make someone ignorant. You’re right, but using racist rhetoric does make someone ignorant. If they use racist rhetoric, they’re either racist or ignorant that the comment they’re making is a racist comment. I’m not saying YOU are ignorant, but if that’s a term you have used or still use, then...well... 🤷🏻‍♀️

Go Rams, though!

Last edited:

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
I never said you did. You said disagreeing with people doesn’t make someone ignorant. You’re right, but using racist rhetoric does make someone ignorant. If they use racist rhetoric, they’re either racist or ignorant that the comment they’re making is a racist comment. I’m not saying you are ignorant, but if that’s a term you have used or still use, then...well... 🤷🏻‍♀️

Go Rams, though.
OK. Thanks for the clarification...

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
Anyone have an ideal as to what it means by “pause on all team activities”, specifically wondering if that means the guys can’t even work out at the BDC?

RamLover

Top Member
Dec 1, 2016
Anyone have an ideal as to what it means by “pause on all team activities”, specifically wondering if that means the guys can’t even work out at the BDC?

I wouldn’t want them to unless their tests come back negative or they only go in pods of who they live with or something. It sucks if they can’t all practice or workout together, but the program would benefit from pausing all activities over potentially spreading it around and elongating the “pause” in games because more people catch it than could be prevented.

Reactions: Beirne

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
Correct. No organized team activities at all and facilities are closed.

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
The very earliest references to the rabies virus are out of Mesopotamia. Never heard anyone say you must get your dog the Mesopotamian Virus shot. Smallpox, HIV and Ebola are believed to have originated in different parts of Africa. Ever heard anyone call any of the three, the Africa Virus? Then along comes this virus, or "hoax" as some in a very certain political party call it. Relative to fairly recent history, racists have been living under a rock until they were freed by the American Aryan King to be themselves. Now they openly sing about pride in their overtly displayed racism, creedism, and sexual chauvinism. And convince their gullible followers to refer to it, by such a racist name.

Last edited:

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
The very earliest references to the rabies virus are out of Mesopotamia. Never heard anyone say you must get your dog the Mesopotamian Virus shot. Smallpox, HIV and Ebola are believed to have originated in different parts of Africa. Ever heard anyone call any of the three, the Africa Virus? Then along comes this virus, or "hoax" as some in a very certain political party call it. Relative to fairly recent history, racists have been living under a rock until they were freed by the American Aryan King to be themselves. Now they openly sing about pride in their overtly displayed racism, creedism, and sexual chauvinism. And convince their gullible followers to refer to it, by such a racist name.
The Hong Kong Flu, and the Spanish flu both say hola'. The practice has been used throughout history. Doesn't make it it accurate all the time, but you can't say it hasn't been more commonplace.

Jan 15, 2020
Not jumping to conclusions but any chance this case has anything to do with our team suddenly being allowed to go home for the holidays at the last min when originally they weren’t? I mean outside of that it’s hard to see where it could have gotten to our team who has been kept essentially isolated.

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
VCU basketball games NOT being played really suck cause it turns this board into a cesspool.

A few thoughts:
1. Hopefully which ever player(s) or staff member(s) were exposed and/or tested positive have a mild case and a speedy recovery and the spread of the virus ends with them.
2. Over 20 million people have officially tested positive for this virus in the year 2020 so this can’t come as a surprise. Contrary to popular belief, this virus does not discriminate and even taking precautions seriously and wearing a face covering does not make you immune.
3. Speculation on how the virus is in our program is a waste of time, IMO. It’s a f///ing pandemic. I saw my family on Christmas Day and was physically back at work on the 28th. If you have an issue with the staff letting the players see their family on Christmas then you should just stop celebrating Christmas all together because your clearly don’t want others to celebrate it.
4. Mooney is still an average coach and jokes on you if last year made you think he was good.
5. Hopefully this pause of VCU basketball is not too long and we can watch our boys soon!

RamLover

Top Member
Dec 1, 2016
The Hong Kong Flu, and the Spanish flu both say hola'. The practice has been used throughout history. Doesn't make it it accurate all the time, but you can't say it hasn't been more commonplace.

I didn’t write that, so I’m not sure why you’re replying to me specifically here, but you’re right about those two names. It’s all about connotation and origination of terminology.
I think the problem with “China Virus” is that Covid-19 already had a very well-established name by the time the President introduced his nickname for it. It shouldn’t be a political discussion, and it sucks it has become one. It also sucks it oftentimes takes over this board, but that just proves the kind of damage careless words can cause. That is true for all kinds of comments (basketball, Covid, etc.).

It’s not “virtue signaling.” It’s just saying something people are saying is not ok to other people. If anyone takes issue with that, it’s because it makes them uncomfortable. It shouldn’t be political or contentious. It’s not hard to call it Covid to avoid the misunderstandings of hurtful intent. Words matter.

Go Rams!