The Official Beat The Wildcats of Davidson in The Animal thread

May 19, 2015
Wow, what a way to start out a bright new year...sheesh. And for those of you who are covid shamers, when's the last time you went out for groceries or to Target (and don't even begin to try to tell me how safe that is)?

Well schnit. There goes my week.
I take COVID-19 very serious and I see how many people are ready to throw stones from their glass house as they leave to have lunch at their favorite restaurant before they go grocery shopping at a few stores. IDK but it sounds like we have a few that may think they are doing something different when they go shopping versus when the AD went looking for a Philly CS sandwich.

Havoc2Ut2 your point is well taken. I have tried to limit my exposure, however, no question I am as exposed to COVID-19 as our AD and all of you that must go out for groceries.

We need to continue to heed the recommendations of the VDH but also live our life. We also need to drop the anger and try to heal this country through the wrath caused by this disease. Peace!

Last edited:

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
I used to think that we should compartmentalize everything on this forum in order to keep the forum separate for basketball.

But life isnt like that. Everything is interrelated. The key is that we discuss things with out resorting to name calling. If we sharply disagree then we agree to disagree and move on.

As far where and how the virus originated.
Its indisputable that then virus was manufactured in wuhan by the chinese government. Many chinese scientists have been silenced for coming forward and speaking about chinese government manufacturing this virus.

To those who say its unbelievable...we are only 32 years removed from Tiananmen square, this is a government that has 2.1+ million muslims in concentration camps. Its a government has publically boasted about having placed or bought key high level people in public and private sector positions in order to influence us foreign and ecomomic policy towards china. Its a government that controls the us real estate market(at least 66% of all government backed mortgage securitis owned by ccp affiliated companies). The chinese goverment supplies 95 % of the parts and ingredients for all medical equipment and presciption drugs respectively.

The general consensus in the intelligence community is that the Chinese government is the #1 threat to the US right now.
so much ignorance in this post

Mar 1, 2015
It’s not Ed, and honestly if he followed relevant guidelines then he did nothing wrong. Leave him alone and focus on the team.
Of course nobody knows the contact chain. But really, is an athletic director’s presence required on game day, particularly now??And he certainly does not need to be at away games. He doesn’t need to be there, he wants to be there. That’s certainly understandable, but it’s just more risk. On the PR side, if folks donating can’t be in the building, I wouldn’t be either.

the other day, my wife’s hospital had 1 ICU bed and the were getting calls from Michigan for it, and the next day they were at capacity period. They had people on vents shoved wherever. Spike following thanksgiving. Xmas fallout coming— The next few weeks could be interesting.

Sep 2, 2013
Pretty predictable this conversation would come after the first game cancellation due to COVID 19. A lot of screaming back and forth with no listening. Hopefully, this is the worse of it, but I fear this is only the beginning of the ugliness between the "Ramily" this season.

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
Pretty predictable this conversation would come after the first game cancellation due to COVID 19. A lot of screaming back and forth with no listening. Hopefully, this is the worse of it, but I fear this is only the beginning of the ugliness between the "Ramily" this season.
I think overall we’re still in a better place emotionally than we were during last season’s meltdown, but it’s pretty obvious we’re all stressed out by it.

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
Not hating, I just dislike seeing people make ignorant statements when they know what a big deal this actually is (but refuse to believe it).
Just because they aren't in agreement with you or anyone else doesn't make them ignorant. I would think most here are entitled to their arguments/opinion or to be denigrated for same, but what do I know?

I fully understand your opinion and extreme concern and I respect your thoughts, but I don't come here to be called names and I believe we all should expect better and a little bit of respect as well...

RESRam

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
Havoc2Ut2 your point is well taken. I have tried to limit my exposure, however, no question I am as exposed to COVID-19 as our AD and all of you must go out for groceries.
For those of you that have to go out for groceries you may want to explore shopping on line and having the food delivered to your home. We have been doing that for quite a while. You can use the Instacart app as well as some of the chains, eg Kroger, Foodlion, and Publix websites to order and see if you live within their delivery zones, which are expanding.