The Official Beat the Wildcats of Davidson Thread

Beirne

Top Member
Mar 2, 2013
I'm hoping to see a continuation of the collective team offense that we saw Tuesday, with Bones folded into the mix. It felt to me as if we'd gotten a little too "Bones-centric" over the course of our winning streak. If he can come back, play within himself, let the game come to him, and augment what we saw against St. Louis, I'll be very happy!

ISwamRam

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
I'm hoping to see a continuation of the collective team offense that we saw Tuesday, with Bones folded into the mix. It felt to me as if we'd gotten a little too "Bones-centric" over the course of our winning streak. If he can come back, play within himself, let the game come to him, and augment what we saw against St. Louis, I'll be very happy!
Tuesday made planning for us that much harder. GMU doubled Bones every chance they got...now they need to adjust to the other threats which will open up the lanes more. But we won't rattle those Cat's...and their poor shooting last night won't necessarily carry over to Saturday (maybe for Lee...his youth is working against him I think).

Reactions: RamStrut and Beirne
Nov 20, 2009
About the scheduling. Rhoades alluded to this in post or pre-game the other day... We took the opportunities that were given to us to get in unscheduled games from the league. Others did not and likely pandered about some aspect not being perfectly suited for them. Shame on them.

Guess the league could only make scheduling suggestions and not force. Makes sense now, as there were plenty of times where it seemed like game opportunities were lost or passed over.

SteveMM

Top Member
Feb 1, 2016
As we have the double-bye, unless Bones is 110% ready to go with no malingering issues, rest him again.
I agree with you, and the decision on Bones needs to come from the medical staff and no one else. However, the double-bye is not necessarily the goal here. Any additional wins over even halfway decent competition (which Davidson is) will help our NCAA tourney resume. Personally, I think if Bones can play then he should be out there, but his minutes should be limited significantly - maybe no more than 20 minutes total. The last thing we want is for him to aggravate the injury and be out longer.

ISwamRam

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
haven't seen any point spread/odds...anyone? Are we an underdog or the big dog? (kinda hoping under to get a good healthy chip on the shoulder)