The Official Beat UConn in the Bahamas Thread

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Elite Member
game time? game channel? any audio today, because se didn't have any yesterday as I could tell.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
The key to winning this game is containing Tyrese Martin. In the his last 3 games vs VCU, the URI transfer has done the following:

28 minutes, 13 points 5 rebounds 3 assists and 1 block.

35 minutes, 13 points 7 rebounds, 4 assists and block

38 minutes, 18 points 5 rebounds and 4 assists

All while shooting 51.4% and 50% from 3 (10-20).

URI won all 3 games handily.

In addition, getting the ball out of RJ Coles hands. Auburn exposed UConn not being able to handle the press when he was out of the game.

Double Team Sanogo, do not let him post up!

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
Today is the “will and want to” game. I am leaning towards a VCU win. Hopefully, I don’t convince myself otherwise by the end of this.
  • UConn would be the worst team to play on day 3 because they have both a player and a coach familiar with us buy fortunately they have probably used the most energy of any team in the field. I expect their outside shooting to reflect the same.
  • The O/U is 5pts lower than yesterday but i expect about the same score total as yesterday. Betters for the 2nd time take the over.
  • Here is Levi’s time to sell me. He has to deny Sanogo the ability to setup within 7ft of the basket.
  • Vince Williams has to Match Tyrese Martins energy. If we loose this game, people will most likely be talking about Martin and what he did.
  • Nick Kern should start. We need him on Andre Jackson. Hopefully, as I know coach want start him, substitutions get them in the game together. (Hopefully, Kern’s knee bang is not something that lingers)
  • Because of match ups, Marcus Tso should also start. Cole is a crafty pg and if we can keep Nunn from guarding him until the 2nd half, then that limits the time that Cole has to come up with ways to take advantage of Nunn
  • Both Banks and Double nickel may have to get some run today. If that happens and we get10 points combined we win

Prediction 66-62 VCU

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
The key to winning this game is containing Tyrese Martin. In the his last 3 games vs VCU, the URI transfer has done the following:

28 minutes, 13 points 5 rebounds 3 assists and 1 block.

35 minutes, 13 points 7 rebounds, 4 assists and block

38 minutes, 18 points 5 rebounds and 4 assists

All while shooting 51.4% and 50% from 3 (10-20).

URI won all 3 games handily.

In addition, getting the ball out of RJ Coles hands. Auburn exposed UConn not being able to handle the press when he was out of the game.

Double Team Sanogo, do not let him post up!
Since you finished yours before I finished mines……we pretty much agree, I don’t think we need to double Sanogo just make him catch it further away than he wants to so he has to put it on the floor where the guards can dig it out

Today is the “will and want to” game. I am leaning towards a VCU win. Hopefully, I don’t convince myself otherwise by the end of this.
  • UConn would be the worst team to play on day 3 because they have both a player and a coach familiar with us buy fortunately they have probably used the most energy of any team in the field. I expect their outside shooting to reflect the same.
  • The O/U is 5pts lower than yesterday but i expect about the same score total as yesterday. Betters for the 2nd time take the over.
  • Here is Levi’s time to sell me. He has to deny Sanogo the ability to setup within 7ft of the basket.
  • Vince Williams has to Match Tyrese Martins energy. If we loose this game, people will most likely be talking about Martin and what he did.
  • Nick Kern should start. We need him on Andre Jackson. Hopefully, as I know coach want start him, substitutions get them in the game together. (Hopefully, Kern’s knee bang is not something that lingers)
  • Because of match ups, Marcus Tso should also start. Cole is a crafty pg and if we can keep Nunn from guarding him until the 2nd half, then that limits the time that Cole has to come up with ways to take advantage of Nunn
  • Both Banks and Double nickel may have to get some run today. If that happens and we get10 points combined we win

Prediction 66-62 VCU
I don't think Banks will be getting an extended run. He hasn't shown much while given time this year, and coach has been reluctant to put him in for too long during this tournament.

EDIT also, not sure if Hurley is that familiar with this VCU team. He and Rhoades'overlapped one year and we were more of a PresS or bust team that year

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
I don't think Banks will be getting an extended run. He hasn't shown much while given time this year, and coach has been reluctant to put him in for too long during this tournament.

EDIT also, not sure if Hurley is that familiar with this VCU team. He and Rhoades'overlapped one year and we were more of a PresS or bust team that year
Banks getting run depends on how banged up Kern is with his knee

The percentage of certain things have change but in reality we are not much different the Shaka years. We may not gamble as much in the backcourt and we maybe more disciplined in the front court. My point however was of all the teams on the island in the tournament, Hurley would be the most familiar

ViCtorioUs

Elite Member
Insider
House money! Remember: ACL! Agitated, caustic, and libidinous! Or something like that.
Libidinous? I hope you just failed to look up the definition, cause this is something we hope not to see.